SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#170654 - 11/16/05 03:51 PM Z5500, soft as hell...please help
bthmedicinetree Offline

Loc: cranston, RI, USA
Tonight my Logitech Z5500 came in, and I hooked it all up following Gary's directions to my microKORG. It sounds beautiful, but is no louder than my 20 watt amp...its supposed to be much louder right? All the speakers work in the speaker test too...its just so soft, what could this be? Please chime in ASAP...thanks

#170655 - 11/16/05 04:58 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Could be several things, more than likely the system probably is fine, and your got a bad cable or something, but lets go over a couple things maybe you'll find it.

adapters plugged into board

splitter plugged tight into adapters

1/8" male stereo jack plugged into musical note on R side of controller

slide switch on back of controller (up position)

controller plug into amp (tightened down)

Double check all speaker wires at amp and at speakers, make sure you have all positive to same side and negative to the neg side (Very important)

turn on Z amp and controller

turn on keybd and set volume to about 3/4

set controller (input effect) direct pl II Movie

turn main volume all the way up ( note to go to boost. you have to keep turning past max until it kicks in) but do this later)

play something on the keyboard a demo or something

take remote and adjust the controller volume levels
(center max) (satts max) (sub 3 or 4)

This should do it, if it dos'nt make sure the cable your using from the keyboard to the controller is good and you have the right adapters.

If I took a wild guess I'd guess the polarity is reversed on the speaker wires.

but just running thru the routine again may catch the problem......Good luck til Gary finds your post.......pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 11-16-2005).]

#170656 - 11/16/05 05:05 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
bthmedicinetree Offline

not getting louder, I even tried switching all the speaker wires in case they were reversed or something...no go...im using a $20 monster cable from my board...this sure is frustrating...i plugged my ipod in and the sound was great, but I dont know about 500watts, it only sounds as loud as my 150w stereo and thats on 11 overdrive...the keyboard is even worse, its just about as loud as my 30watt guitar amp, just way nicer sounding...i hope this one gets solved...
thanks

#170657 - 11/16/05 05:13 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Here are a few things to check:

Are you plugged into the line outs of the korg? Do you have your master volume set high enough on the Korg? Are you using the correct cables? Are your cables good? Do you have the volume up high on the Z5500?

Tom

Tom

#170658 - 11/16/05 05:19 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
loungelyzard Offline

Naaw somethings wrong, I guarantee that when its working right you can't stay in the room with it, the sub will blow out your walls... Keep playing with it and I know its the pits but go thru every connection and double check the list, Relax, the worst senerio is you'll have to call logitech and wait a week for a new free one, and use this one on your computer.

Unless your in a gym or something that thing ought to blow your socks off. To bad I'm 3000 miles away and can't help except for guessing.......Pose

#170659 - 11/16/05 06:08 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
bthmedicinetree Offline

they'll send me a new one and let me keep this one?

#170660 - 11/16/05 06:29 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
bthmedicinetree Offline

I dont understand this...this thing is not competing with a freakin 20watt yamaha guitar amp when plugged into my keyboard....the keyboard volume is max, the volumes max and its great sounding but soft as that amp. then when i put it to 11 boost its louder than the amp but not a whole lot louder...maybe not even enough to compete with my band...and i dont wanna keep it at 11 because i hear its bad for it...what to do, what to do...

#170661 - 11/16/05 07:45 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OK, let's go through the procedure.

1. Using a 1/8-inch stereo male to a pair of 1/4-inch male plugs, plug the 1/8-inch male into the side of the remote receiver where you see the musical note.

2. Plug the 1/4-inch males into the keyboard's stereo output jacks.

3. Now turn on the Z-5500 and set the small toggle switch located on the back of the receiver to 6-CH Direct.

4. In the front of the receiver, set the effects to Pro-Logic II Music.

5. Using the wireless remote control, turn up the satellite volumes (front, rear and center) to maximum.

6. Set the sub woofer volume to approximately 25 percent of maximum.

7. Turn the keyboard volume up about halfway.

8. Turn up the Z-5500's main volume until it reaches maximum. NOW CONTINUE TO TURN UP THE VOLUME KNOB UNTIL YOU SEE THE BOOST VOLUMES.

9. If this does not blow your walls out, there is something wrong. To determine if it's your keyboard's output, or your Z-5500, hook up something else to the Z-5500. If the volume is still low, call Logitech and they'll be more than happy to send you a new one.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#170662 - 11/16/05 10:00 PM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
These guys weren't kidding when they say Logitech will send a new one. I did not even finish the diagnostics with the Logitech tech and 2 days later a new sub was on my door. I was able to fix the problem before the new sub arrived. It was not even the Logitech fault (it was my keyboard output).

Now I have 2 subs !

#170663 - 11/17/05 07:00 AM Re: Z5500, soft as hell...please help
loungelyzard Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bthmedicinetree:
they'll send me a new one and let me keep this one?

Yes they will if yours is defective.

Thinking about your problem overnight, I'm not familiar with your board, but the signal coming out must be low. Most boards has a master EQ screen, and the volume probably needs to be cranked up about 20 percent. It can only amplify what it gets. This would explain why the little guitar amp dos'nt hop around on the floor when its cranked.

You should be using mono phone jacks into the board?
Does the Korg have onboard speakers?...Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 11-17-2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online