SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17049 - 06/04/99 01:30 AM Can't get N! and cakewalk 7 to work properly
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just bought a new N1, but can't seem to get the darn thing to work with my labtop or desktop. I'm using a cakewalk midi cable that connects to my game port. One thing I've notice is that the driver for the N1 is only windows3.1 and win98. And inw98 doesn't work in win95 so i end up using the windows3.1 driver instead. My desktop is running Win NT and nothing works. Someone Please help ME !!!

#17050 - 06/09/99 10:13 PM Re: Can't get N! and cakewalk 7 to work properly
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
That driver that was included with the N1 is for the direct serial connection cable (the AG-001 model) that is sold separately from the keyboard. This is for the 'TO HOST' connector on the back of the N1. The cable you are using to connect the N1 with your sound card does not require any other driver. If your sound card works, the cable should too. Take note of the directions that came with the cable. Many cables that are made today are molded with the words "MIDI IN" and "MIDI OUT" on the cable. In most cases, these connect to the keyboards "OUT" and "IN" jacks (the opposite to what the cables say). This is because the cables are labelled from the COMPUTER's perspective.

Cakewalk will work on 95,98 or NT4.0.

Steve Martin
Ward Music Ltd.

#17051 - 06/10/99 12:35 PM Re: Can't get N! and cakewalk 7 to work properly
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks ward for your reply, I have yet another dilema , i'm not using the sound from soundcard, instead i want to use the N1 built-in sounds. In cakewalk i'm suppose to set the midi in and out port to something like sound card or keyboard drivers, i think anyways, if you could help in this manner i would greatly appreciatate it . again thank for replying. oh by the way do you have a N1?

mobeus

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online