SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#170147 - 05/04/05 08:04 AM Re: Thumb drives or hard drives - unlimited storage?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
MY PHILLIPS is an OMNIwriter, is SCSI and uses a 50 pin Scsi cable between the Phillips and the Yam 9000.
NO formatting to be done, as it is read only and doesn't use the Write.
I just pop in a cd with 6200 midi files and it will play them all. I can pop in a disc with thousands of styles and load them into the 9000.
It is in addition to the hard drive that is in the 9000.
Bebop
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Uh, I happen to have an external Phillips CDRW! It says "400 Series" and says manufactured Feb 2001. It has USB cable to go into a computer. I also see red/white RCA jacks on back. How is your Phillips connected to your 9000?

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 05-04-2005).]

#170148 - 05/04/05 08:17 AM Re: Thumb drives or hard drives - unlimited storage?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bite the bullet, Bill! That's why the 2000's are going cheap. Everything keeps getting better storage-wise.
DonM

#170149 - 05/04/05 08:33 AM Re: Thumb drives or hard drives - unlimited storage?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Bebop:

Hey this sounds great, See if I've got this right, You can load styles/or/midi's on a Cdrw disk at the computer, stick the disk into a phillips cdrw player and connect to the 9000 via the 50 pin scsi cable (50 pin both ends ?) and it will come up on the 9000's screen and you can scroll thru and select a style and it will play it?

If this is correct, could you give me the model# of the phillips you're using. I have trouble programing the HD on my 9k and keep losing the styles out of the registrations, which has caused me to use floppy gig disc for some of the styles needed.
Pose

#170150 - 05/04/05 09:45 AM Re: Thumb drives or hard drives - unlimited storage?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by loungelyzard:
Bebop:

Hey this sounds great, See if I've got this right, You can load styles/or/midi's on a Cdrw disk at the computer, stick the disk into a phillips cdrw player and connect to the 9000 via the 50 pin scsi cable (50 pin both ends ?) and it will come up on the 9000's screen and you can scroll thru and select a style and it will play it?

If this is correct, could you give me the model# of the phillips you're using. I have trouble programing the HD on my 9k and keep losing the styles out of the registrations, which has caused me to use floppy gig disc for some of the styles needed.
Pose

He said his says 'Omniwriter.' Mine says "400 Series.' Mine uses USB (and also the RCA jacks) and USB is newer technology, so maybe my model is a later manufacture?

Anyway, if I can't use it, if you are interested, let me know. It's essentially never been used. Just a few times, literally.

#170151 - 05/05/05 08:40 AM Re: Thumb drives or hard drives - unlimited storage?
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Semi:
What got my attention was the 50 pin connector, I've got a psr9k and was thinking this might be a good idea, don't know if the 400 would hook up. Also been thinking of buying a dual deck and a small mixer for recording here in the studio. Nothing fancy, but need to do a little homework on this, havn't got a idea of what I'm doing. What do you want for the 400?
pose@citlink.net .........Pose

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online