SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#169919 - 05/02/05 11:52 AM Re: Foot switch uses
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I use the Ketron 13 pedal unit for sustain, stop-start, fast and slow leslie effects, intro and endings...for any function controlled by buttons.

Would have a hard time getting by without it, and, bestdes the great sounds, this is a major reason I'm a Ketron user.

Russ

#169920 - 05/02/05 05:52 PM Re: Foot switch uses
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scottyee:

Sorry this is off the topic but, what do you use to post those pictures here.

Thanks.

Peter

#169921 - 05/02/05 06:28 PM Re: Foot switch uses
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Peter: To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example:

[img ]http://www.prime-web.com/Ultimate20/tline.gif[/img ]

In the example above, the UBB Code automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img ] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img ] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.

note: I inserted a space between img & ] only to prevent the code from actually activating the picture image. You must NOT insert a space between them to make the UBB code actually work.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-02-2005).]

#169922 - 05/02/05 07:05 PM Re: Foot switch uses
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Scott, if this shows CODE and not an image, then it worked.

Quote:
Code:
   [IMG ]http://www.prime-web.com/Ultimate20/tline.gif[ /IMG]   

If it worked, the CODE tag allows you to present code withOUT the code executing. Heehee, maybe I helped someone. I don't know if it works with UBB code, I think it works with HTML.

If it didn't work (if it shows the image instead of displaying the actual code), sorry. Maybe this software doesn't support that tag but I think it does.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 05-03-2005).]

#169923 - 05/02/05 08:44 PM Re: Foot switch uses
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

It would have worked just fine if you had not put spaces inside the brackets. There can be no spaces.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#169924 - 05/02/05 08:53 PM Re: Foot switch uses
Beakybird Offline

Sometimes the midi solutions controller is on Ebay for less.

Beakybird

#169925 - 05/03/05 09:39 AM Re: Foot switch uses
chony Offline

Loc: New York
SCOTT,

I'm very interested in your footswitch setup.

I bought the MFC 10 as well, but for the past 10 months it just stands against my wall doing nothing.

What do you mean you "hardware configured" it to the Tyros? Also, where do you plug this contraption into the MIDI, or footswitch inputs? This would be a great solution for me, as the footswitches look fairly compact, and I would also be able to use a sustain and volume pedal.

Please give us the full details!

Thank you,
Chony

#169926 - 05/03/05 10:31 AM Re: Foot switch uses
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:

What do you mean you "hardware configured" it to the Tyros?

Chony: Yamaha doesn't make/sell a dedicated one piece 4 pedal footcontroler unit specifically made for their keyboards, but because I had one (Technote FC2):
http://www.technote.com/productdetails.asp?prodid=8845&returnto=/products.asp?catid=179

that I used with my Technics KN5000 kb, I hardware modified it to work with the Tyros/PSR keyboard. The FC2 had originally used a single 9 pin (?) DIN plug which plugged into the single DIN footpedal input socket on the KN5000. Because the Yamaha Tyros/PSR keyboards utilize separate 1/4" input sockets for each pedal, I drilled 4 separate holes on the back of the FC2 (to accomodate each of the four pedals outputs) and installed four 1/4" socket jacks, and then reroute the individual DIN cable wires separately to each of the 4 sockets. Now, I can connect (via 1/4" mono cable: male jacks at each end) from any of one (or all) of the 4 pedals on the FC2 to my Tyros' three included 1/4" footpedal inputs on the back of the keyboard. To utilize the 4th pedal with my Tyros, I use the Midi Solutions "Footpedal Controller" box, of which is programable via USB from my PC to trigger a range of arranger keyboard functions, which is outlined in the Yamaha keyboard's "Data List" manual. I programmed mine (sysEX command string) to turn vocalizer harmony on/off. Once the unit is programmed, simply connect a 1/4" mono cable (male/male) from the output jack of the footpedal to the FSW in on the "Footswitch Box", and then a short midi cable from the midi out of the "Midi Footswitch Box" into the midi in on the back of the keyboard. Because the "Midi Footswitch Box" is not self powered, if must receive its power from your keyboard, so to achieve this, a midi cable must also be plugged from the midi OUT of your Tyros/PSR keyboard to the IN of the "Midi Footswitch Box". Setup may sounds a little complicated but actually not at all, and takes not time at all (5 seconds more) for gig setup/breakdown, and no weight or hassle, or battery to go dead on you as the unit gains its power from the keyboard. This (to me) really is the ideal small lightweight/transportable Yamaha keyboard footpedal setup offering just the right amount of footpedal control needed. I only wish Yamaha would have offered this.

If you don't want to go thru the hassle I did of purchasing & then reconfiguring a Technote FC2 (i certainly would not have if I didn't already have the FC2 lying around, I recommend purchasing 3 or 4 individual Boss brand FS-5U pedals instead: http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/FS-5U/
They can attach to together to form a single unit, and each includes a 1/4" female socket on the back which allows you to connect each to the corresponding footpedal inputs on back of your Tyros/PSR the same way my hardware configured footpedal unit does. Presto, you're really to go.

Good luck.

Scott

#169927 - 05/03/05 04:26 PM Re: Foot switch uses
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I drilled 4 separate holes on the back of the FC2 (to accomodate each of the four pedals outputs) and installed four 1/4" socket jacks, and then reroute the individual DIN cable wires separately to each of the 4 sockets.

That's out of the Q as I don't know how to hold a drill.

How would the Boss solution help me? I would still only have a max of 3 footswitches available. Or did I miss something?

#169928 - 05/03/05 05:06 PM Re: Foot switch uses
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
How would the Boss solution help me?

First of all, you won'tn need to learn how to hold a drill. The FS-5U interconnects (easily slides into subsequent units) allowing you to chain them together as one unit. You could theorically have as many connected together as you desire.

Quote:

I would still only have a max of 3 footswitches available. Or did I miss something?

Wrong, Chony, nou need to go back & re-read my posting reply again. Beyond the 3 Tyros built in 1/4" footswitch outputs, you can (theoretically) add 'as many' footswitch pedals + a 'midi footswitch controler box' indiviually programmed with a distinct midi activated arranger keyboard function, for each pedal, (connected via 1/4" cable) as you like. On the Tyros, foot pedal 4 could utilize midi IN A, and foot peal 5 could utilize midi IN B. Any more than this (5 foot pedals) would require a midi merge box so all midi signals would go to one midi IN cable.

- Scott

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online