SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#169720 - 08/08/03 01:07 PM Re: Ultimate Support: Apex Plus Keyboard Stand w/ mic boom
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the explanation...I got it now.

I must of misinterpreted UD's message.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
...when a customer bumped the stand at the perfect angle to topple it inwards.

He must have meant the keyboard toppled, not the stand.

Have a nice weekend everybody!!!!

mike

#169721 - 08/08/03 02:38 PM Re: Ultimate Support: Apex Plus Keyboard Stand w/ mic boom
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Nope...the STAND toppled because of a poor center of gravity. There is a 45 degree angle that you can easily knock that unit over if hit from EITHER side. The little brace in the front won't stop it either.
The kb is much easier to knock off the stand as well, but I'm talking TOTAL fallout here.
Beware !!!

#169722 - 08/08/03 03:30 PM Re: Ultimate Support: Apex Plus Keyboard Stand w/ mic boom
danb Offline

Hi Scott! I got the same Apex stand that you have right now. I've been using it for almost 10 years and never experience any problems at all. I used it with three keyboards before but now I decided to use it with 2 because I am minimizing my set up as much as possible. You're right, never leave your gear unattended coz' a lot of things might happened no matter how strong your stand is. Just make sure you put it in a flat and even surface. Don't set up your stand in between the two platforms they use in the hotel's ballroom, they are uneven most of the time. Don't use it in the cruise line gig. The boat tends to sway in both side and it's not good for this setup. Otherwise, the Apex stand is nice and easy to set up. I saw some of these in different colors. Mine is black but I'm thinking of painting it with metallic yellow or neon blue, kinda like glow in the dark stand. Colors will add your presence on the stage. I can see it'll match with my silver Triton and black Roland controller.

Dan

#169723 - 08/09/03 06:20 AM Re: Ultimate Support: Apex Plus Keyboard Stand w/ mic boom
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I have an Apex with regular bars and a mic boom. To address a few items I have read: the mic boom is terrific
the little foot 'thing-a-ma-bob' does help to level the stand
it is difficult to stack keyboards mainly because it becomes hard to see the LCD screen and some of the controls of the bottom keyboard
sitting at behind the Apex does block both the view of the player and the audience, so standing is the best option

I'm looking for a good way to put my laptop on the upper braces without obscuring the PSR2000 display. I have a wooden shelf, but think that a clear, plexiglass shelf might solve the problem, but I can't find anything thick or affordable enough to do the trick. Any ideas?

#169724 - 08/09/03 07:01 AM Re: Ultimate Support: Apex Plus Keyboard Stand w/ mic boom
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If you use a shelf.....I'd make sure that the shelf, itself is fastened to the teirs with velcro or a strap so the weight on either end can't turn it into a catupult.
I also recomend using some kind of fastener for the laptop too..... that setup makes me VERY nervous. Be careful.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online