SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#169400 - 09/26/02 10:40 AM Re: Has anybody had a chance to compare the Tyros and Genisys?
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Thank you George. Anything you can find out on these 2 boards (for dance/techno) would be really appriciated by many!

Thanks again.

By the way, is Genesys expandable in terms of adding sopunds and stuff?

#169401 - 09/26/02 01:09 PM Re: Has anybody had a chance to compare the Tyros and Genisys?
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
Genesys is very expandable. In terms of sounds there will be new ones from Gem, I'd imagine people will have sites up soon for them too (user clubs etc), it loads most of the other Gem styles (WK8 etc) also loads from CD Akai, Kurzweil, wav, smp, snd, mp3 etc - unlimited flexibility.

Quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:
Thank you George. Anything you can find out on these 2 boards (for dance/techno) would be really appriciated by many!

Thanks again.

By the way, is Genesys expandable in terms of adding sopunds and stuff?

#169402 - 09/27/02 05:33 AM Re: Has anybody had a chance to compare the Tyros and Genisys?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
How tall is the Genysis compared with other keybaords when you have the music holder on it.

From the pictures it looks like with the speakers angled and the music stand its about 2 feet higher

#169403 - 09/27/02 05:58 AM Re: Has anybody had a chance to compare the Tyros and Genisys?
svpworld Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
>I was quite impressed with the Genesys ability to use synth parameters such as filters and envelopes being manipulated in real time durning the recording process so that while playing back these styles, sounds are constantly changing more as in a pro synth being used in the style creation rather than an arranger keyboard's limited synth sounds.

This can be done on Yamaha PSR's too, I've heard it to great effect on the techno and trance type styles of the PSR's where sysex data is embedded into the styles to perform filter sweeps and resonance analog effects. It can be achieved by mapping the modulation wheel to the filters and then sweeping during record, or using the mixing desk screens.

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#169404 - 09/27/02 08:22 AM Re: Has anybody had a chance to compare the Tyros and Genisys?
eyrec Offline

If you look at one of my postings higer up you'd have seen the answer. The stand does not sit 2 foot above the keyboard, it is perfectly placed and not as high as a Technics I could mention.

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
How tall is the Genysis compared with other keybaords when you have the music holder on it.

From the pictures it looks like with the speakers angled and the music stand its about 2 feet higher

#169405 - 09/27/02 08:47 AM Re: Has anybody had a chance to compare the Tyros and Genisys?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Sorry, must have forgotten you wrote that.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online