SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#169107 - 10/22/03 07:22 AM computer and keyboard setup
Catsailor Offline

Does anyone use their computer to start their keyboard rhythms? If so, how do you do it? I would like to start a song on my computer and have the chosen accompaniment start on the keyboard. Is this possible? How do you sync the two together? Do you use the midi cable and connections or the computer connection on the keyboard? I have both on my keyboard and can communicate back and forth from keyboard to computer through the midi connections at present. I haven't tried the computer port on the keyboard yet. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Peter

#169108 - 10/22/03 08:36 AM Re: computer and keyboard setup
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Peter - On my Ketron this is straight forward. You simply need to set the midi clock in your PC sequencer program to be the MASTER and set the one in the arranger to be a SLAVE.

This will then stop and start the arranger when you stop and start the sequencer and also ensure that the two are always in perfect sync.

Regards - KF

#169109 - 10/22/03 08:40 AM Re: computer and keyboard setup
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
In addition to the above, you may need to ensure that your PC pro9gram is set to transmitting MIDI clock signals and that your arranger is set to, or capable of, receiving these.

Best of Luck - KF

#169110 - 10/22/03 12:00 PM Re: computer and keyboard setup
Catsailor Offline

Thanks for the info, KF. I'll give it a try.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online