SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#169034 - 02/25/02 03:28 PM Password problems with new network
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Everytime I get email , I must enter password .Computer will not allow me to remember it !
Every web site I visit ...I need to check "view this web site " thing .
How can I change this ? dano

#169035 - 02/25/02 04:15 PM Re: Password problems with new network
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Try enabling cookies.
Go to internet explorer,tools and then select options.
Choose the "Security" tab and try "Default level". This allows cookies to be enabled by default.

#169036 - 02/25/02 05:03 PM Re: Password problems with new network
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi DanO1,
That happened to me once, somehow all my cookies got corrupted, I had to reset passwords the hole-nine-yards, so to speak. I have a "Mac" running IE5.1 I check under preferences and found that some of my site-cookies were either missing or out of date. Enable cookies, but "don`t ask" , I hope I`ve helped
jedi

#169037 - 02/27/02 10:39 AM Re: Password problems with new network
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
You better have your pc scanned on some kind of worm/macro virus..
Or did you install a new network?? new O/S ?

[This message has been edited by freddynl (edited 02-27-2002).]

#169038 - 02/27/02 11:00 PM Re: Password problems with new network
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Dan,

I assume that you use Outlook or Outlook Express for your e-mail. You should try (in either program) going to Tools/Accounts, then select your account and click Properties. You will see a dialog box with several tabs. Click on the second tab, marked Servers - in the middle of the screen you will see a section for Incoming Mail Server, with text ports with your account name and password (filled with *****). Below that is a check box, marked "Remember Password". You need to have it checked (I think when you convert from @home to your new cable provider, it comes unchecked by default). Do the same for all your other accounts.

If this does not help, or the check box was already checked, you should call your provider for service. I found that my new provider has a much more accessible service than @home did (no waiting on hold or navigating through the voice mail menus).

Hope this helps.
Regards

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online