SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168754 - 01/29/01 02:42 AM SOLTON X1 MP3'S
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
I HAVE MADE SOME OF MY COMPOSITIONS ON MP3
ON THE KETRON X1. Some are made with drumloops on .wav format synchronisized with
midi.
url : http://stage.vitaminic.nl/dirk_baert/
If it don't work : go to www.vitaminic.com,
next click on "worldmusic", next click on
"bossa nova" area, next click on "dirk baert"
and you have 5 mp3's on the x1.
I have played on the new sd1....it is the
best i heard in years !!!!!!!!!
Greetings Notlos.

------------------

#168755 - 01/29/01 04:09 AM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
Dnj Offline

hi Notlos,
Your songs sound great! Put me right in the mood for a Martini, Palm Trees, and a nice Sunset!!L :>) keep up the great work.

Donny NJ

#168756 - 01/29/01 07:00 AM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Notlos,
I enjoyed your songs! Many here on this forum have asked for MP3 demos of the Solton X1 and your "smooth" Bossanovas and Sambas "hit the spot".
Thank You,
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#168757 - 01/29/01 08:52 AM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Notlos (DIRK BAERT?),

I too really enjoyed hearing your sensuous mellow brazillian grooves. Beautiful melodies.The songs downloaded(?) very quickly and my computer's "RealPlayer" multimedia player loaded/played them automatically as well. Though the fidelity is not as good as MP3, the ease & speed of downloading and playing automatically by "RealPlayer" is certainly a BIG plus.

I would like to know how to convert MP3 format songs to RealPlayer (.RAM?) file format as it seems that ".RAM files are much smaller sized files and subsequently quicker and easier for people to download.

Notlos' song website (Vitaminic: commercial website?) appears to have "two" song play options: "play" and "download". I could only choose "play". I assume that the "play" option" is for the "RealPlayer" version and the "download" option (registered users only) is for the larger file sized MP3 version. Are your "RealPlayer" format songs played directly (streaming audio) from the "Vitaminic Server" or are the songs getting downloaded to my computer?

I look forward to hearing from Notlos or others who can tell me how to convert my MP3 songs to RealPlayer (.RAM) file format as I would like to be able to post both "RealPlayer" and "MP3" versions of my demo songs on my music website. http://scottyee.tripod.com/scottyee/

Thanks in advance,

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 01-29-2001).]

#168758 - 01/29/01 12:06 PM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
notlos Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
hi Notlos,
Your songs sound great! Put me right in the mood for a Martini, Palm Trees, and a nice Sunset!!L :>) keep up the great work.

Donny NJ

Thanks for your beautiful reply.
Notlos

#168759 - 01/29/01 12:12 PM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
notlos Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by notlos:
I HAVE MADE SOME OF MY COMPOSITIONS ON MP3
ON THE KETRON X1. Some are made with drumloops on .wav format synchronisized with
midi.
url : http://stage.vitaminic.nl/dirk_baert/
If it don't work : go to www.vitaminic.com,
next click on "worldmusic", next click on
"bossa nova" area, next click on "dirk baert"
and you have 5 mp3's on the x1.
I have played on the new sd1....it is the
best i heard in years !!!!!!!!!
Greetings Notlos.

Thanks for all the reply's on my music.
it's good to hear someone enjoy my music.

------------------

#168760 - 01/29/01 12:19 PM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
never thought that the X1 could do that...nice songs notlos.you've showed realy what can the X1 do.

------------------
vic

#168761 - 01/29/01 12:22 PM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
notlos Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Notlos (DIRK BAERT?),

I too really enjoyed hearing your sensuous mellow brazillian grooves. Beautiful melodies.The songs downloaded(?) very quickly and my computer's "RealPlayer" multimedia player loaded/played them automatically as well. Though the fidelity is not as good as MP3, the ease & speed of downloading and playing automatically by "RealPlayer" is certainly a BIG plus.

I would like to know how to convert MP3 format songs to RealPlayer (.RAM?) file format as it seems that ".RAM files are much smaller sized files and subsequently quicker and easier for people to download.

Notlos' song website (Vitaminic: commercial website?) appears to have "two" song play options: "play" and "download". I could only choose "play". I assume that the "play" option" is for the "RealPlayer" version and the "download" option (registered users only) is for the larger file sized MP3 version. Are your "RealPlayer" format songs played directly (streaming audio) from the "Vitaminic Server" or are the songs getting downloaded to my computer?

I look forward to hearing from Notlos or others who can tell me how to convert my MP3 songs to RealPlayer (.RAM) file format as I would like to be able to post both "RealPlayer" and "MP3" versions of my demo songs on my music website. http://scottyee.tripod.com/scottyee/

Thanks in advance,

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 01-29-2001).]

Hi Scottyee,
Vitaminic is a comercial site, you can put
your own compositions and arrangements on
the site for free. All the persons who visit
the site can reply on your music. also great
recordcompany's listen to the site for new
stuff.. On the question mp3/realplayer:
You send only as mp3 to the site, and they
do the convertion to realplayer. When you only listen to the music it is in "realplayer"...When you download it is in
mp3 format. Go to the english site of vitaminic www.vitaminic.com And search for
the information.
greetings Notlos...(Yes, ..dirk baert)

#168762 - 01/29/01 12:35 PM Re: SOLTON X1 MP3'S
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
you know,
I wish I could hear the X1 ORIENTAL!

------------------
vic

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online