SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#168492 - 01/15/06 12:31 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
Dnj Offline

Squeak.....
I agree perceptions vary greatly in music, its a never ending opinion, right or wrong, honest or false, the answer I'm affraid we'll never know

#168493 - 01/15/06 12:58 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Personally I think this is a good demo of the Roland, sounds pretty good to me.

I think ut's a brave move to try this song, I love the song and it is a classic of that era. Nevertheless, I can hear bits where I'd have played different chords, or where I feel the style isn't quite "on the money".

BUT

We should remember that this is the way things are with arrangers; unless the style is precisely targetted at a specific song there are always going to be compromises, and conversley if a style is created specifically to "do" a certain song then the odds are it will be useless for other songs.

I find if I want something "spot on" I have to use a midi file. And there are midi files of this song out there that are far worse than this version.

I think we should always encourage people to post their work, and when I think I'm good enough I might have a go!

So well done Neils! It's better than I could manage.

#168494 - 01/15/06 01:31 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Good Work Niels!!!!...We must remember, Music is a Guide, The creativity comes from the HEART...These new Keyboards are Arranger Workstations...designed to let us be Creative, compose, arrange, write..not to copy other Music!...We have waited along time for the Synth Workstation features in the Arrangers....Keep on, Keepin' On!....Harold

PS...It seems like it always turns into My toy is better than your Toy...If we all Played the Same exact Keyboards it would be a VERY Boring World...Hummm....Well at least My STEELERS Won Today...They beat a EXCELLENT Proven football team, the COLTS.
Are the Colts going to quit?...Nope, They will continue Developing Their Music (Game!)

#168495 - 01/15/06 02:55 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow!
Most of the responders forget that it is an "arranger" keyboard that is being played(you know,for doing your own arrangements on),and therefore the demo is the player's own arrange-ment of the tune.

The old saying," Criticism is the unconscious tribute mediocrity pays to success" certainly applies here...or, in plain English,"if someone is trying to kick your ass...then you must be ahead of them"
I don't hear any of the critics posting their arrangement of this tune... if they are so ready to suggest how it should be played.
Ian

#168496 - 01/15/06 03:06 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have no problem with the tune. I know the original song and like the song. However, I personally don't think that a song like this is a good example to "showcase" a keyboards sounds.

Other's may have, but I didn't pick the song apart. I think it's just a bad tune to use when trying to show what the G-70 can do.

It's so funny too, because people post on this forum all the time wanting opinions on a song, and when the opinions go negative suddenly it's "well let's see you do it better". If you got the balls to post a song for criticism then you better have even bigger balls to take that criticism whether it be negative (or) positive. Sorry for the termonology there, but that's how I feel.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#168497 - 01/15/06 03:11 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here it is done on the Tyros1. (note: not done by me )
http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sample/german/1068828.mp3

Eric

#168498 - 01/15/06 03:15 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
One voice sounds off in the begining of the T2 version. Sounds like it's using a sax when it should be using a guitar. Is it just a midi file using the XG voice, or did you revoice the song accordingly?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#168499 - 01/15/06 03:27 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
nielshs Offline

Hi Eric

Itīs a very good midifile.

Regards Niels

#168500 - 01/15/06 04:14 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Squeak,

it's the Tyros1 not T2.
The sax in the beginning is the end of the singing part before the solo.

It's a midi from Yamaha Germany.
I just posted the link since some here wanted to hear the Yamaha engine.

Of course you really can't compare a commercial midi file with someone playing it live.

Eric

#168501 - 01/15/06 04:26 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Mr. Squeak,
Your response: "If you got the balls to post a song for criticism then you better have even bigger balls to take that criticism whether it be negative (or) positive" can be taken from another perceptive...
If you have the balls to criticize someone else's work,you should, at the very least, have the balls(and skill) to do something better.In other words,if someone is doing something wrong,then please show them the correct way.
Otherwise it is just all talk...and talk is cheap...

I don't believe the poster asked for criticism. Asking a "working musician" what he thinks about critics,is like asking a statue how it feels about pigeons.

Ian

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online