Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#168482 - 01/15/06 09:07 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by: Bluezplayer
--------------------------------------------
Whenever someone puts something out in a public forum for evaluation and critique, if it isn't quite up to snuff, or at least in someone's opinion it isn't, that's just the way it is. It's always about opinions anyway, and since everyone has one, who's to say who is right or wrong ?
Who said anyone has to be a music producer or be able to produce "a better" demo in order to be qualifed to critique what they hear. Who wrote that rule anyway ? I constantly see that on these forums as if it's a defense when someone's stuff gets crtiqued. Do you guys think that all of the top studio producers and major magazine critics are also necessarily always top flight musicians ?

AJ's dead on there! If you don't want "honest" responses then don't put your work out there. Just because some like the work doesn't mean "everyone" will.

I think the G-70 is a terrific arranger. When I first saw the video demo on the Roland site where he played Eric Clapton's (change the world), I thought "MAN HOW SWEET THAT SOUNDS!". The demo was so simple, but man what a great "live" feel to the sound.

I have no problem with music from the 1980's, but if you're wanting to showcase what a keyboard can do, choosing a song from this era (in my opinion) isn't the way to go.

My Casio WK-3500 (even though it has good acoustic sounds), would make some KILLER 80's music. Why is that???? It's a Casio need I say more

I would love to hear some demos from the G-70 doing more "live" music styles, such as Tracy Chapman, ect. I think the G-70 like AJ has said has more of a "live" feeling to it when compared to the Tyros. The Tyros does sound like it's just playing back from a CD.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-15-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#168483 - 01/15/06 09:49 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I thought it was "interesting" ...
What I can't understand is what I think is the 'over' reaction to criticism ...the guy's got his opinion and voiced it ... isn't that what putting songs up here is about ... getting other players' reaction and feedback??? ... I think it's better than putting a song up here and getting NO feedback !!!
t.

#168484 - 01/15/06 09:50 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
nielshs Offline

Hi

Craig_UK,
Quote:
The Final Countdown is my all time favourite 80's song and I was hoping to hear a good performance of it, however this song has simply just been killed.
Terrible style, cheesy brass sounds again, wrong chords played throughout and why has the solo that is played by a guitarist been missed out? The solo and lead synth line make the song.

The purpose of this demo is to demonstrate one of the new SR-G01 styles and not to make an exactly copy of the orginal song.
The Final Countdown isnīt a easy tune to play with 2 hands. Remember that I recorded this demo using only one track. Sorry if I use some wrong cords, should have listend to the orginal song before making this demo.
Maybe you can do it better. Looking forward to hear your rendition.

Regards Niels

#168485 - 01/15/06 09:59 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I thought it was "interesting" ...
What I can't understand is what I think is the 'over' reaction to criticism ...the guy's got his opinion and voiced it ... isn't that what putting songs up here is about ... getting other players' reaction and feedback??? ... I think it's better than putting a song up here and getting NO feedback !!!
t.

I agree Tony......many times there are too many phony feedbacks also "just to be nice" vs honest ones .....lets just hope we all learn from what we listen to.......
I know I do good or bad.

#168486 - 01/15/06 10:27 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
The purpose of this demo is to demonstrate one of the new SR-G01 styles and not to make an exactly copy of the orginal song
Hi,

I listened to the demo a couple of times because at first I was distracted by the wrong harmony. The style is promising. Good distortion feedback guitars. I was not impressed by the synth voice.

I am curious to hear how the same song would sound on the Tyros 2.

#168487 - 01/15/06 10:45 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The synth voices ( and organs ) are important sounds in a huge way for me. That's why I'm leaning a little more toward the PA1x right now. I haven't heard any demos yet from either the Tyros 2 or the G70 that lead me to believe that the synth voices are on par with those on the PA80 I have or even the MZ2000 I once had. This of course is for my own personal taste, but I think the synth voices on my Motif ES workstation, minus the AN150 plug in, don't match up to the MZ or PA80 either.

I have to believe that the PA1x's will be at least as good as the ones I have on the PA80, and maybe even better.

AJ

#168488 - 01/15/06 11:22 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
to anyone who owns a tyros2 please post your version so that people can decide if the g70 sounds better than tyros2 or crap compared to tyros2

#168489 - 01/15/06 11:24 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
to anyone who owns a tyros2 please post your version so that people can decide if the g70 sounds better than tyros2 or crap compared to tyros2

#168490 - 01/15/06 11:30 AM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
nielshs Offline

Rolandfan,

You again

I know you have a Tyros right, so please make a demo of The Final Countdown.

The only crap here is your childish comments.

Niels

#168491 - 01/15/06 12:17 PM Re: The Final Countdown demoed on Roland G-70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by: Dnj
I agree Tony......many times there are too many phony feedbacks also "just to be nice" vs honest ones .....lets just hope we all learn from what we listen to.......
I know I do good or bad.
Very good point Dnj. People shouldn't sugar coat their opinions. Look at what I posted a while back. Remember my sorry attempt at country music? I asked for opinions, and if someone thought it sucked just say so..., and someone did say it sucked Didn't hurt my feelings, I asked for the opinions of others.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online