SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#168382 - 06/14/03 12:02 PM New Registration Feature on PSR2100
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I just noticed something today at my store. When I turn on the PSR2100 I still get the Registration memories I've called up before turning off the keyboard automatically. On the PSR2000, whenever you turned off the keyboard, your registration memories would be gone and when turning on the next time you would have to remember to recall the bank you saved in order to have anyting on the 8 registration buttons. If you wrote 8 memories and forgot to save them as a bank, you had lost your registrations. Now, on the PSR2100, whatever you have saved on the 8 buttons is retained when you turn off and then back on again. I also found in the owners manual that you can clear all the 8 registration buttons by holding the highest B key while turning on the keyboard. Doing the initialization which is holding the highest C key while turning on the keyboard does not erase whatever registrations were stored in the 8 buttons.
I'm really glad Yamaha did this in the new operating system because many of my customers were upset to find out they didn't really save their registration memories until they saved them as a bank either on the floppy disk or in the user memory area. Thank you Yamaha for changing this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#168383 - 06/14/03 12:51 PM Re: New Registration Feature on PSR2100
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
When I turn on the PSR2100 I still get the Registration memories I've called up before turning off the keyboard automatically.

Terrific news!

I now hope Yamaha might consider adding this feature (via OS update) to the Tyros as well, as this helps avoid the need to load a registration file everytime you initally turn on the keyboard.

An 'even BETTER' idea would be to be able to store your own custom 'default' registration bank which would allow you the option to have it 'automatically' load whenever the keyboard is initally turned on.

- Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online