SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#168142 - 07/07/03 08:25 AM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Pro,
I just went to your website to hear a few of your songs but was confronted by the mp3.com screen. I don't choose to give out details about myself over the web, so would it not be possible for you to post some sample tracks directly on your site in the way that some other members of this forum do?
Thanks,
Big Red

#168143 - 07/07/03 09:09 AM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
For Big Red,

The information on MP3.com's website does not have to be accurate if you choose not to give the correct information. As to an email address that they ask for: simply go to yahoo and sign up for an account which will give you web email and "an email address"; once again the info you enter does not have to be accurate when you sign up for Yahoo. Get your account which will give you their web based email and SIMPLY don't use the account or email. That will get you through the MP3.com rigamarole and you will be able to download TAFKA's (Jim's) mp3's. NOTE: After signing up with Yahoo if you want your account to stay active, you will have to sign in periodically or your account will be frozen and you will lose it and if you use MP3.com periodically, it will ask for account information again if the cookie that was tagged on your Hard Drive from MP3.com is deleted, so you may want to keep the Yahoo account active.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 07-07-2003).]

#168144 - 07/07/03 09:52 AM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ok, now i have SEVERE keyboard envy with only two keyboards. You should all be commended for helping out the economy over the years.

Over the weekend, I checked out the new Yamaha P250 Stage Piano. WOOOOW, what fantastic Piano sound and feel. The only thing holding me back is the $1700.00 price tag. 88 Graded Hammer weighted action keys. For another 500-700 bucks, I can get the new Motif 88 ES.

Which one would you get?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#168145 - 07/07/03 10:09 AM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well... here I was thinking I didn't have ANY gear, and while it is not as impressive as some of the lists above, here it is in reverse chronological order:
technics kn6000
technics kn1000
Fender Rhodes
cordovox
SANO Accordion (acoustic)
There is also an upright Otto Altenburg (with an Everett harp) which for several years has gotten far too little attention

To the Accordionist ... I would NOT get rid of the Excelsior if it has that Van Damme sound ... I just took a couple of LPs of his and recorded them to disc for posterity ...
t.

#168146 - 07/07/03 10:28 AM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
TAFKA ThePro Offline

Loc: HIlton Head, SC USA
Big Red (and anyone else interested in my music):

I updated my profile (and screwed up my profile in the process) so anyone who is interested can go to my website at
http://www.hiltonheadmusic.com/

and go to "Esh Live" if you'd like to hear samples of my current live music performed on the 9000 Pro, or you can got to my MP3.com site:
http://www.mp3.com/esh

if you'd like to hear some of my not-so-current but hopefully entertaining original music. Mike is right: give them a fake email address and you can listen to my music - sorry for the bother.

[This message has been edited by TAFKA ThePro (edited 07-07-2003).]

#168147 - 07/07/03 10:29 AM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ooooohhhh - you still have a Rhodes! I'm jelous. I miss mine !

#168148 - 07/07/03 01:01 PM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks, Pro and Idatrod. I can have a good listen now.

#168149 - 07/07/03 01:39 PM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Ooooohhhh - you still have a Rhodes! I'm jelous. I miss mine !

.... for the right price......
t.

#168150 - 07/07/03 02:08 PM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This obsession has been an on-going ordeal with me, and I'd have to play it and inspect the crap out of it before I even made an offer....unless you want to make a fast deal to get rid of it. It's strictly an impuse item for me, and unless it's a mint suitcase - the valuse to me is not that high in finalcial terms. So...... what's YOUR number? We can do this via email if you'd rather ....

#168151 - 07/07/03 08:19 PM Re: How many keyboards are too much?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have a Wurlitzer dual manual, 25 pedal organ looking for a new home, maybe next to that antique Rhodes..Then I will only have my old accordion, G1000,SC155 and this DisCover 5 laying around here..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online