SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#167956 - 12/28/03 08:46 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hey Scott,

make that 15, I vote for Vegas too.

Eric

#167957 - 12/29/03 06:39 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Dnj Offline

Scott this amazes me....everyone is voting, but did anyone read Garys post?

#167958 - 12/29/03 07:03 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott this amazes me....everyone is voting, but did anyone read Garys post?

Donny,
I think we all read Gary's post and understand what he is saying. I think we think it's still worth exploring it a bit further.

I feel if a company is willing to send their rep out to do in store demos when 6/7 people show up to see it, why would they not be interested in showing the equipment off to 40/50 people? Perhaps if they do not want to set up seperately, we could arrange with a local music store to have some reps come in and demo at the store.

Even if they do not want to send anyone, then the concept as I get it would be to just have a get together at possibly one of the hotel smaller conference rooms for some small workshops.

A couple of months ago, there was a "World Stick" seminar done in San Jose....57 in attendance for 3 days $250.00,lodging and food extra of course, 8 instructors from around the world. Three nights of concerts given at a local club that was tickled to get free entertainment and the business. It was done at a local music teaching school, that was more than happy to host the space, but even if we had to rent a place for a day or two, wouldn't have to be at Ceasar's Palace.

I myself think this is very doable, just takes some figuring and work.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#167959 - 12/29/03 09:18 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I spent about two weeks investigating this about a year ago, and the bottom line was essentially that unless you had a huge number of people commited to attend, individual dealers and manufacturers were not the least bit interested.Gary

Though it certainly would be terrific to have dealer/manufacterer support and participation, the primary purpose for holding a Synthzone gathering (imo) is that it offers our community the unique opportunity to perform for one another, play with & jam with each other, share arranger kb playing techniques & secrets, but 'above all', just having fun fraternalizing with people who share our unique passion for playing & performing on arranger keyboards. That said, Chris Anthony (keyboard artist for manufacterers GEM/Roland) has already offered his assistance (see his response earlier in this thread). I'm also confident that both Dan O'Neil and George Kaye would be willing to take part as well. Dan & George, whatta you say ? Whether the Synthzone gathering ends up as one, several, or many events around the US and throughout world, the GOAL simply to develop a place where arranger keyboard enthusiasts can come together to meet, play, and share in their common passion.

- Scott

#167960 - 12/29/03 09:35 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Dnj Offline

Scott I hope your right and this gettogether becomes a reality in the future for sure. I personally love to meet other KB players and share ideas because then we all learn from it also!

#167961 - 12/29/03 11:01 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Eric, B Offline

Hi Donny,

members from the german Yamaha forum get together once a year, since several years.
(see videos I have posted in the past)
Sometimes manufactures show up, sometimes they don't.

As Scott pointed out, the main purpose is to meet new friends/family from the synthzone, share some playing techniques and or maybe have some short workshops, perform for one another and have a good time.

If on top of it manufactures show up, even better. That would be an added bonus.

If we would go to a NAMM show that would be great to, but it wouldn't bring the members as close together, since the focus would be on the show, and I think the focus should be to get to know one another better.
I have done that in the past in Germany and speak from experience.

Just a thought

Eric

#167962 - 12/29/03 11:39 AM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I love the idea. I like Scott's concept of meeting to meet as a group as opposed to meeting at a NAMM. Even though I've always wanted to go to a NAMM, I think that at this point in my life I would like to meet some of you. Manufacturer reps would be a plus, but not a necessity. I'm sure the movers and shakers in this group could make it interesting all by themselves. Hey, this might be my chance to play some originals I have never gotten around to recording.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 12-29-2003).]

#167963 - 12/29/03 12:10 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Dnj Offline

Eric,

Thats what its all about! I have personally met some of the best people in my life due to these forums,.......
Uncle Dave, Fran C, Gary D,
Prince AJ, DanO, Tom C, Alex G, Joe B, & a few more like Dom M, Scott Yee, Mike Sutliff, who I talk to by phone all he time & feel like I
know them like family also. Not to mention how much I've learned from each them also of which I'm eternally gratefull.
This is what meeting other musicians and sharing expriences means to me.
"Lets Do This ASAP"

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#167964 - 12/29/03 02:47 PM Re: USA Synthzone Convention in 2004 !
Eric, B Offline

You're on Donny,

Gotta go now, catch a plane to Florida for a week.

Happy new year to all.

Eric

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online