SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#167673 - 10/18/05 01:25 PM Boss PA Keyboard/Vocal Balance
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
-I’m using Barbetta ‘32’ PA speakers, a little Mackie mixer and a Fender 1270P monitor. I find (just like I did when I played with a 4 piece group) that I prefer to have my Vocals just a little bit higher in volume for the monitor mix compared to the main mix. I sort of assumed that everyone did the same thing. It seems like Boss Pas users are quite happy to use the output of the Boss speaker system as their monitor system also. Is this correct ? – or do some of you still use a separate monitor system?

#167674 - 10/18/05 01:27 PM Re: Boss PA Keyboard/Vocal Balance
Dnj Offline

I use no mixer & no monitor ever with the PAS, or when I had my barbettas. Why carry extra gear? The one time I tried a fender 1270p as a monitor I returned it the next morning...
PAS does it all.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-18-2005).]

#167675 - 10/18/05 02:56 PM Re: Boss PA Keyboard/Vocal Balance
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The reason is that you and other band members hear what the audience hears less maybe 15% in volume at the furthest point.

#167676 - 10/18/05 02:59 PM Re: Boss PA Keyboard/Vocal Balance
Gord Offline

Thanks for your reply Donny. Guess it depends on where you play & what 'works' for you. I just know that sometimes when your back is against a wall & your speakers are on each side of you, its kind of nice to have some sort of a monitor to hear yourself. Of course, I realize the Boss Pas system can be your monitor + the PA for the audience. In my case, I simply like to hear my vocals for the monitor just a little above my main PA mix & I was just wondering what 'other' (esp Boss Pas users) keyboard/vocal players do.

#167677 - 10/18/05 03:14 PM Re: Boss PA Keyboard/Vocal Balance
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Gord,

I had a 12-inch Yamaha monitor, used it when I was running the 600 watt Peavey system and for conventional sound systems it can be somewhat of an assett. However, with the Bose PAS, and the Barbetta Sona 32-Cs the monitor was a useless piece of excess baggage that served no purpose at all. Consequently, I gave it away to a friend. Now he can lug it around!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#167678 - 10/19/05 07:34 AM Re: Boss PA Keyboard/Vocal Balance
Gord Offline

Thanks for the replys. Besides the fact that
I'm getting a bit deaf (and that could be why I want to hear the vocals a shade higher in the monitor mix)-its how I practice at home-sometimes its only the monitor on-could be just a bad habit on my part.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online