SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#167050 - 10/11/06 11:09 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Elite
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
They are virtually the same instrument at the heart of the matter but the PA800 has a better sampling capacity double that of the Elite and also double the polyphony so it can handle deeper richer (layered) sounds both in ordinary keyboard use and in the sounds used for the programmed styled backing. That said , many of the styles are exactly the same as the styles used in the PA1X and if you listen to the demos, some of them are exactly the same as the PA1X . The PA800 is supposed to have a newer sound engine but from the demos, you have got to have super hi fidelity hearing to notice any difference whatsoever! Neither the PA1X or the newer Pa800 have an answer to yamaha's super articulated voices but their RX technology (Real Experience )is really nice and equal if not better (in my opinion) to yamaha's mega voices. However as an all in one production package the Elite has got it all including MP3, cd player and hardrive which is just all the add ons of the ordinary PA1X that you would have had to buy separately. The Pa800 can also have a cd player as an optional extra but no MP3. Its vocal harmonbiser is slightly down graded from the PA1X and its speaker system is not as powerful as the PA1X hence the reduction in weight.In my view it is not so much a step above the PA1X elite and more like a sideways step.

Just as a thought why not pick up a second pa1x and buy the add ons that you really need when you want .

Either way you will have an outstanding machine with Korgs track record of future operating system upgrades to protect the value of your investment going forward.

I dont think that you can lose either way.

#167051 - 10/11/06 03:45 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Elite
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
From what I've heard from the product manager at Korg USA, the PA1XPRO still adds many features not found on the PA800. First, there are sliders for all the parts and for the draw bar organ footings. Next, you can have expansion boards installed into the PA1X which cannot be put into the PA800. The vocal harmonizer in the PA1X has more options such as vocal voice modeling which allows you to download new features (at a cost) if you want these. And the big difference is that the PA1XPRO still has the nicer feeling keys which are both 76 in number and more like playing a piano in length and feel, espcially the black keys, which on the 61 key models are shinny and shorter and a longer, flat finish on the 76 note model.
According to Korg, the sound engine is the same on both models.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#167052 - 10/11/06 04:59 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Elite
honesty Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA US
Thanks Georges. See you soon.
John-Paul

#167053 - 10/11/06 10:54 PM Re: Korg Pa1X Elite
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:

According to Korg, the sound engine is the same on both models.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California www.kayesmusicscene.com

That’s interesting, as according to the Korg Web Site http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa800_info.html?en the Sound Engine has been dramatically improved for the PA800, allowing some of the sounds of the OASYS Workstation to be incorporated. (The polyphony has also almost doubled on the PA800 compared to the PA1X)

Bill

#167054 - 10/12/06 07:03 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Elite
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I think what I meant to say was that the sound engine is the same but the piano is new and some new sounds have been added.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#167055 - 10/12/06 10:58 AM Re: Korg Pa1X Elite
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If I didn't have to buy one immediately, I would wait for Korg to come out with a new PA1X with the newer engine and polyphony from the PA800.......... plus whatever else they can come up with in new features and sounds (the piano in the PA800 totally blows the PA1X out of the water, IMHO).

Maybe a used PA1X will suffice until the next generation PA1X comes out if you HAVE to get one now....?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online