SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166799 - 01/04/03 08:03 AM Re: Altec Lansing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Of course. For that you need a mixer (to combine the sounds from all the sources) or a switch (for example an RCA switch).

-- José.

#166800 - 01/06/03 08:41 AM Re: Altec Lansing
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
i,m thinking of getting a tyros soon ,i was wondering if these pc,speakers might be a better option, any ideas?mike.

#166801 - 01/06/03 09:18 PM Re: Altec Lansing
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I know I'd rather have those speakers than a Tyros Mike !

#166802 - 01/06/03 11:27 PM Re: Altec Lansing
Evangelical Offline

Loc: San Diego
Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
i,m thinking of getting a tyros soon ,i was wondering if these pc,speakers might be a better option, any ideas?mike.

Nardoni, I listened to the Tyros w/ its original speakers & subwoofer last Saturday and they sounded good to me. Maybe they sounded a bit weaker then the AL's but that might have been because of the surroundings. I'm not sure about their output power, somebody here might know. The AL's I hooked up to my keyboard produce about 140W @10% and peak at 200W. That's quite a bit of sound if you only use them at home imo. They're bigger than the Yamahas and I'm not sure if you can mount them onto the Tyros. I prefer having them at least a foot or two away to the left and right anyway.
ev

#166803 - 01/07/03 03:26 PM Re: Altec Lansing
nardoni2002 Offline

uncle dave ,i should have said are the al 621 a better option than the tyros speakers ,sorry about that,also would these lansings just plug into the keyboard or would you need an adapter,thanks again ,mike

#166804 - 01/07/03 04:45 PM Re: Altec Lansing
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I OWN the Tyros speakers w/ sub woofer, and very happy with them overall because the satellites are small, lightweight, & attach DIRECTLY onto the keyboard brackets which allow you to freely position the swivel direction of the speakers. The Tyros speakers with sub woofer ($140 street price) may not sound as good as more expensive speakers, but the Tyros speakers are a BIG sound improvement over those built into the KB speakers on my PSR2000. If you want a single pair of speakers for in home studio work, then I'd recommend going with the Altec Lasings, but for personal on stage monitoring for on the road gigging, I find the Tyros speakers 'better fit' the bill for gigging because they're small , quick to setup (less than 20 seconds setup time), and sound really good for performance monitoring. By the way, another Tyros buddy of mine gave me a terrific suggestion of attaching a metal handle on the top of the suwoofer box as well as rubber feet on the bottom to provide even easier transport. The subwoofer & satellite speakers will easily fit into a small luggage gig bag w/ wheels, which also holds all the other misc gig supplies: microphone, cables, pedals, throat lozenges, mic stand, etc.

Still Loving my Tyros !

Scott

#166805 - 01/07/03 05:41 PM Re: Altec Lansing
Evangelical Offline

Loc: San Diego
Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
would these lansings just plug into the keyboard or would you need an adapter,thanks again ,mike

Mike, ... a Y-splitter is included in the box, however the 1/4" adapters are not. You'd need to buy (2) 1/4" RCA adapters which are pretty inexpensive at Radio Shack. The other solution is to get a new splitter cable with the speaker plug on one end and two 1/4" plugs on the other end (that's what I did). Small investment either way.

#166806 - 01/08/03 02:23 AM Re: Altec Lansing
nardoni2002 Offline

thanks again for your help,,mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online