SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166771 - 03/21/03 05:09 AM not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have a Roland MC-80EX with hard drive, I been having a problem where during quick play on certain songs, the sequencer starts to hick-up, stutter, sounding like too much midi info is being sent and the unit can't handle it. I have opened the file and can't find anything that should make that happen.

I played the sequence through my computer and SD-1 and it has no problems there.

Called Roland and they sent me update 1.15 but that still didn't help.

Any answers out there?

Thanks

#166772 - 03/21/03 05:51 AM Re: not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I have a question ......

Your not able to play a sequence directly from the HD , right ?

It has to be loaded ?

Maybe the size of the sequence is to big ?

Dan

#166773 - 03/21/03 05:54 AM Re: not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
frankieve Offline

Its has a mode called quick play, where it reads ahead as it plays like the SD-1

#166774 - 03/21/03 06:39 AM Re: not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I know you said you checked the file for problems, but did you check it for sysex (system exclusive) messages? Those may not show up as readily. Some sequences are loaded with them and that would certainly cause the problems you are describing. Make a backup copy of the file and then try to remove all sysex messeges from the sequence. While you are at it, look for excessive program change or control change (CC) messages. Thin out as much excess data as possible and try it again on your keyboard.

#166775 - 03/21/03 11:26 AM Re: not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
have your hard drive checked, sometimes
these are signs of hard drive failure about
to happen.
good luck

#166776 - 03/21/03 12:40 PM Re: not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
frankieve Offline

I played the song with a floppy and got the same response, maybe the hard drive corrupted the file?

I talked to Roland and they want me to send the file so they can try it on their MC-80

#166777 - 03/25/03 08:23 AM Re: not a arranger question but i know you guys could help
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I'll vote for "embedded sysex" as a potential problem. Certainly I've had similar problems playing back midi files on my PSR 630 when there was too much data.

Theres not a big lump of note / wheel / expression data going out at exactly the same time is there?

Polyphonic keyboard pressure sensitivity can generate a huge amount of data but you don't see that very often.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online