SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166406 - 07/28/05 01:40 PM Re: G70 or PA1x
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
First off, a lot has changed since 2001, as Dave mentioned with the Genesys. As you may recall Scott, I was carrying around a prototype Genesys and even at the time, the factory models were not experiencing "issues" however my instrument that I was carrying around was, as it was a prototype which did not have factory production line parts. So my instrument did become "un-stable" at times. This (even at the time)did not reflected any issues with production models. Most of the OS updates where actually not even "fixes" (back in 2001) they were actually additional features that end-users wanted. One of the great things about the Genesys is that it is that it is updateable and can be next years model without having to purchase a thing. Just because another manufacture needs to come out with a new model every year or so to be competive doesn't mean that it is better, or more technologically advanced than the Genesys.

Things do change, however the hardware doesn't need too.

Back in 2001, I was also just a Rep for Generalmusic, now however I am the Vice President, same person, just doing more things, just like the Genesys.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#166407 - 07/28/05 02:14 PM Re: G70 or PA1x
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulD:
Back in 2001, I was also just a Rep for Generalmusic, now however I am the Vice President

Hi Paul, congratulations on the big PROMOTION to the TOP of the company! Ok, where in the SF Bay Area can I audition the latest version of the GEM Pro? - Scott

#166408 - 08/02/05 08:30 AM Re: G70 or PA1x
PaulD Offline

Dear Scott,

We are in negoitiations with a dealer in San Fransico area at the moment, whom is most likely going to be a Generalmusic Authorized Dealer, unfortunately this deal is not finished as of yet; I will keep you posted.

On the other hand, poor Dave has been on the road, all over the USA and may be in your neck of the woods soon. I will have him look you up, when he's in town.

Best regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#166409 - 08/02/05 10:15 AM Re: G70 or PA1x
brmoore Offline

Loc: charlottesville, Va., U.S.A.
Problem with Genesys Pro is where do you
go to try it out? Was interested in giving
it a try but could not find it anywhere
(I live in Virginia). Was told If I purchased
it and was unhappy I could return it. That's
great, but who will show me all the features
etc. I do not like returning things and like
to have a place to go to for help (not the
telephone).
I even called the Home Office who gave me the names of a few Dealers they said carried
the Genesys - it was news to them.
Why can't GEM get distribution so we can
try their product (it certainly looks
interesting). I was told by someone at GEM that they were very selective - I have to
wonder if the Dealers are not the ones
being selective.
Bruce

#166410 - 08/02/05 12:35 PM Re: G70 or PA1x
PaulD Offline

If you are having problems locating a dealer that carries GEM in your area, email me, and I will personally put you in contact with the nearest dealer in your area.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#166411 - 08/02/05 08:21 PM Re: G70 or PA1x
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by brmoore:
but who will show me all the features
etc.

Hi Bruce,

I absolutely agree with your comment above. And that is why I am traveling all over the US to our existing and new GEM dealers providing training to the store employees so they will have the necessary tools to answer their customers questions. Not to mention the training materials I have created in the way of Easy Sheets (quick guides) and DVD training videos and the online video demos on our website.

Also, as you will notice on this forum, the GEM Community Forum and others, I am very diligent in checking in throughout the day and answering questions very quickly. The fact is, unless I am in an airplane or in a car where I can't log on, your questions will typically be answered within an hour and a lot of the time within minutes.

I am available via e-mail as well and again the typical response time is very short. I can also offer video conferencing so I can answer your question in real time via webcam. We at GEM feel that customer support is extremely important. This is one reason why we are selective in the dealers we choose to become authorized as GEM dealers. In this way we can be sure that our customers will have a knowledgeable contact in or close to their area when they need help.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online