SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166304 - 10/08/05 09:04 PM Re: Tyros2 played COMPLETELY LIVE (in auto accomp mode) & Totally UnSequenced !
oleg7 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I think that this is an impressive sounding performance considering it's live and done on a single instrument. I certainly know that there are better software sounds available but I would like to here anyone that owns the best software system / sounds available to try and attempt to produce a live performance that sounds as good as this one ...

#166305 - 10/09/05 02:02 AM Re: Tyros2 played COMPLETELY LIVE (in auto accomp mode) & Totally UnSequenced !
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi BN, Roel, and All
Please read my Personal View of the Caister Festival that includes the boards mentioned played Live, also the follow up from Graham UK.
Frans post is taken from the Caister article by the way.

Bill

#166306 - 10/09/05 07:29 AM Re: Tyros2 played COMPLETELY LIVE (in auto accomp mode) & Totally UnSequenced !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
In the Afternoon I decided to go to the Roland G70 OS2 Demo

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Frans post is taken from the Caister article by the way.

OMG! WOW! . . . and 'all this time', I was lead to believe Fran Carango had finally 'at last' had the opportunity to audition a Roland G70, and found 'the keyboard' (another Roland afterall of his dreams, to REPLACE his old G1000 workhorse. whew . . . I was getting worried there. - Scott

#166307 - 10/09/05 08:21 AM Re: Tyros2 played COMPLETELY LIVE (in auto accomp mode) & Totally UnSequenced !
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I don't want to pee on the fire here, but I wasn't really too impressed by the demo. In other threads I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said that Yamaha's styles are (TOO PERFECT). I think that's what make them sound exactly like they were done on a arranger keyboard. They don't feel and sound "real".

They seem to lack "naturalism". I think that's why I feel something like Ketron has much better quality styles. Those styles just have that "natural" feel and groove to them. Korgs are close to that as well.

Yamaha's are just too perfect (if that makes sense). I think the Tyros 1 and 2 has some good sounds, but I think Yamaha has really lost the WOW factor in the style department. I think their styles drip with cheezy (I know some will disagree).

Maybe they're just over quantized, and that takes away from the natural feel.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 10-09-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online