SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166289 - 06/08/05 11:33 AM Re: Share your thoughts on Press Kits.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... Who did you mail the promo kits to?
t.

#166290 - 06/08/05 11:44 AM Re: Share your thoughts on Press Kits.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
I think you'd be better off having seperate tracks on the demo. That way if someone wants to listen to a few seconds of a song, skip around or whatever, they can do it.
Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

Scott ... I had thought of that, and even received a similar comment from one of the guys I asked to listen to the demo ... I am thinking of re-doing the demo BUT, I screwed up on deleting some of the ACID Pro files, and lost the originals ... fortunately, I do have the original music files to go back to, and would then have to add the vocals and voice over ...
t.

#166291 - 06/08/05 12:06 PM Re: Share your thoughts on Press Kits.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

They went to senior centers and retirement communities. I also sent similar promo packages to nursing homes and assisted living centers and got similar results.

Ironically, many of the private parties I've done during the past couple years have been the result of someone visiting a person at one of the above locations, then asking for a card. Most of the time I just give them a complementry CD that has my phone number on the label--it works a lot better than a business card.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#166292 - 06/09/05 04:27 AM Re: Share your thoughts on Press Kits.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Gary did you use full songs or snippets of your songs?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#166293 - 06/09/05 05:40 AM Re: Share your thoughts on Press Kits.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Al,

I used full songs, and for a very good reason. The logic behind using full songs as opposed to snips was maybe the person with the CD would play it for their enjoyment, say while at home at a party, or while riding along in their car--hopefully in the company of others while the music is playing. This has happened, and it has resulted in obtaining a few jobs that I probably would not have been able to get. If you just have snippets of songs, it's unlikely that the CD will be used other than by the person you sent it to initially. Kinda' like spreading the word through your clients via a CD.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online