do u like its¿¿¿
Daniel

#166185 - 07/01/06 02:54 PM Re: OASYS demos
Clif Anderson Offline

Yes.

#166186 - 07/02/06 06:07 AM Re: OASYS demos
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Superb stuff, really enjoyed listening to all of these demos, nice and relaxing, thanks.

#166187 - 07/02/06 08:36 AM Re: OASYS demos
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Yes...excellent and the recording quality is very clean...well done.

#166188 - 07/02/06 09:35 AM Re: OASYS demos
dani_76_es Offline

Loc: Madrid,España
Hey...T2&G70 owners:it is posible to play this kind of styles&sounds on this brands too?I would like to hear some demos before i will buy one;really like Korg sounds(after PA50 Olavier demos) but i would like to hear some Yamaha and Roland demos(i mean this kind of music).
Daniel

#166189 - 07/02/06 09:52 AM Re: OASYS demos
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
It's certainly possible on the T2, loads of varied styles for this kind of stuff, great synth sounds (which can easily be edited to get those Jarre/Vangelis pads) and the SA guitars can be made to sound similar to what's on those demos. Check out the options available to you, there's plenty.

#166190 - 07/02/06 10:11 AM Re: OASYS demos
keybG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dani_76_es:
Hey...T2&G70 owners:it is posible to play this kind of styles&sounds on this brands too?I would like to hear some demos before i will buy one;really like Korg sounds(after PA50 Olavier demos) but i would like to hear some Yamaha and Roland demos(i mean this kind of music).
Daniel

I think you are a litle bit confused dani. Oasys it has nothing to do with an arranger keyb such as T2, G70....In the arrangers you have presets (styles and voices) from witch you have have to choose to play your own songs. In the other hand oasys is a hi end synth that propably can do anything (with a litle bit of experiens) BUT you will not find any styles that you can use. More you must create your own patterns for each song. The possibilites are unlimited.

IMHO If you like the creativity of a synth go for it.

And yes you can play great music on T2,G70....but try to compare these 2 with an other great arranger from korg the pa1x. And the most important go and try for your self.

regards
KeybG

[This message has been edited by keybG (edited 07-02-2006).]

#166191 - 07/02/06 11:05 AM Re: OASYS demos
to the genesys Offline

Remember: on the G-70 and the Tyros 2, you can make your own styles just like you can make patterns on the Korg.

One thing people tend to forget, is that on arrangers you are not just stuck with the factory styles you can creat your own.

On the Tyros 2 and the G-70, you can also play with the sounds and change them to your liking.

I am not saying that the G-70 and the Tyros 2 are equal to the OASYS but with some creativity and a good ear you can get just about any sound you want on an arranger.

#166192 - 07/02/06 11:46 AM Re: OASYS demos
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Daniel what are you looking for from a keyboard

#166193 - 07/02/06 01:10 PM Re: OASYS demos
dani_76_es Offline

Loc: Madrid,España
Thanks to all for yours opinions;btw ..i owned a Roland XP60 ,but just sold it because sincerely i am not a profesional musician;so..i prefer to buy a arranger with preset styles and to have option to introduce new styles in it;so...Oasys is not for me.
#4 Craig_UK:i would like to hear a demo style(like J.MichelJarre,Vangelis) played on Tyros2.
#4 KeybG:i know what is a synth...but i do not know what is an arranger(i mean i never played an arranger so i do not know the posibilityies that its offers);i will not buy an Oasys beacuse i will not be capable to benefit its qualities;i need a kb with good preset styles(like in the Oasys demos,PA50 Olavier demos too);Pa1x is a "candidate",but i need to hear some T2 and G70 demos(with this kind of music);on this forum we can hear a lots of wonderfull clasic demos(Folks,rock,ballroom) but i think that we need more styles with other musicstyles(ambiental,instrumental,chill-out etc).If any person know some site(no official) where i can find its,please help me.
#4 "to the Genesys" and Spalding:as i said,i need a kb with good presets styles and with good options to change its and to add new styles.
I like this kind of music.Too,i like pop music(Eros Rammazotti,80-90"music),some blues&rock(Joe Cocker,Ray Charles).
The problem is that here in Madrid is not exist yet a store where i can play all the BIGs 3,to can opinate;so..i want to know various opinions to can orientate before choose one.
Thanks again to all !!
daniel

#166194 - 07/03/06 06:56 PM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Loc: Gilbert, AZ, US
Hi all...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the kind words about my music.. For those trying to download my Oasys demos.. I have put them up on soundclick (See my sig for the link) as my own server has been collapsing under the pressure of literally hundreds of people trying to download at the same time... so hopefully this will resolve the problem for those still trying

Once again, thanks to everyone here for their kind words!

Cheers..

Nigel

The Art Of Sound

------------------
www.soundclick.com/theartofsound

#166195 - 07/03/06 07:21 PM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
It's certainly possible on the T2, loads of varied styles for this kind of stuff, great synth sounds (which can easily be edited to get those Jarre/Vangelis pads) and the SA guitars can be made to sound similar to what's on those demos. Check out the options available to you, there's plenty.

Well, not exactly the same as those in the oasys because I am using the STR-1 Modelled Guitar sounds which are very different in the way you can manipulate the sounds in real time compared to simplier sampled guitar sounds like those found in other keyboards.. Even the Oasys's own sampled guitar sounds.. which are very good, are nothing like as realistic as those created using the new EXi STR-1 Expansion that came free with V1.1 upgrade.

Having spent a good deal of time working with both the G70 and T2.. I can honestly say that the Oasys's modelled sounds are by far the best for creating realistic sounding guitars and other stringed instruments... but you can get close using the T2.. You just don't have the same kind of flexibility in choosing.. say the type of Amp and Speaker Cabinet to be modelled, as you can with the Oasys.. or the type of pickup and how many.. and where they are situated in relation to the fretboard.... It's that kind of detail which a modelled instrument allows.. and that's what makes the Oasys special.. in terms of creating real'ish sounding guitars in live perfomances.. It's also worth noting.. that I didn't sequence anything in those demos.. everything was played live using Karma 2 built into the Oasys.. and live lead lines played over the top.

If anyone would like more details.. just ask and I'll respond!

Cheers..

Nigel

[This message has been edited by TheArtOfSound (edited 07-03-2006).]

#166196 - 07/03/06 11:51 PM Re: OASYS demos
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Nigel. May I suggest some Video's of your playing the OASYS would be interesting. Recording in .wmv produces good quality in a reasonable small file.

PS.I have burnt all your demo's to CD for personal use to play in the car.

#166197 - 07/05/06 06:20 AM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Nigel. May I suggest some Video's of your playing the OASYS would be interesting. Recording in .wmv produces good quality in a reasonable small file.

PS.I have burnt all your demo's to CD for personal use to play in the car.

I can certainly look into the idea of videoing my playing at some point in the future.. (I have to work out how to do this as my webcam is not exactly 'state of the art'!)

In the mean time however, Stephen Kay, the creator of Karma, has several videos of himself performing live on the Oasys, on his website.. I have included the link below.. Well worth watching if you have not done so already

Oasys & Karma Videos

Cheers.. and thanks for the compliments on my music btw.. much appreciated!

Nigel

------------------
www.soundclick.com/theartofsound

[This message has been edited by TheArtOfSound (edited 07-05-2006).]

#166198 - 07/05/06 06:40 AM Re: OASYS demos
Dnj Offline

Great Videos demos, I enjoyed the musical creativity that can be achieved.....
I also noticed he was using
Mackie SRM 450's in Video #1

#166199 - 07/05/06 07:07 AM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Great Videos demos, I enjoyed the musical creativity that can be achieved.....
I also noticed he was using
Mackie SRM 450's in Video #1

Yes... excellent videos and sound too!!

Cheers..

Nigel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online