SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166194 - 07/03/06 06:56 PM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Loc: Gilbert, AZ, US
Hi all...

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the kind words about my music.. For those trying to download my Oasys demos.. I have put them up on soundclick (See my sig for the link) as my own server has been collapsing under the pressure of literally hundreds of people trying to download at the same time... so hopefully this will resolve the problem for those still trying

Once again, thanks to everyone here for their kind words!

Cheers..

Nigel

The Art Of Sound

------------------
www.soundclick.com/theartofsound

#166195 - 07/03/06 07:21 PM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
It's certainly possible on the T2, loads of varied styles for this kind of stuff, great synth sounds (which can easily be edited to get those Jarre/Vangelis pads) and the SA guitars can be made to sound similar to what's on those demos. Check out the options available to you, there's plenty.

Well, not exactly the same as those in the oasys because I am using the STR-1 Modelled Guitar sounds which are very different in the way you can manipulate the sounds in real time compared to simplier sampled guitar sounds like those found in other keyboards.. Even the Oasys's own sampled guitar sounds.. which are very good, are nothing like as realistic as those created using the new EXi STR-1 Expansion that came free with V1.1 upgrade.

Having spent a good deal of time working with both the G70 and T2.. I can honestly say that the Oasys's modelled sounds are by far the best for creating realistic sounding guitars and other stringed instruments... but you can get close using the T2.. You just don't have the same kind of flexibility in choosing.. say the type of Amp and Speaker Cabinet to be modelled, as you can with the Oasys.. or the type of pickup and how many.. and where they are situated in relation to the fretboard.... It's that kind of detail which a modelled instrument allows.. and that's what makes the Oasys special.. in terms of creating real'ish sounding guitars in live perfomances.. It's also worth noting.. that I didn't sequence anything in those demos.. everything was played live using Karma 2 built into the Oasys.. and live lead lines played over the top.

If anyone would like more details.. just ask and I'll respond!

Cheers..

Nigel

[This message has been edited by TheArtOfSound (edited 07-03-2006).]

#166196 - 07/03/06 11:51 PM Re: OASYS demos
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Nigel. May I suggest some Video's of your playing the OASYS would be interesting. Recording in .wmv produces good quality in a reasonable small file.

PS.I have burnt all your demo's to CD for personal use to play in the car.

#166197 - 07/05/06 06:20 AM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
Nigel. May I suggest some Video's of your playing the OASYS would be interesting. Recording in .wmv produces good quality in a reasonable small file.

PS.I have burnt all your demo's to CD for personal use to play in the car.

I can certainly look into the idea of videoing my playing at some point in the future.. (I have to work out how to do this as my webcam is not exactly 'state of the art'!)

In the mean time however, Stephen Kay, the creator of Karma, has several videos of himself performing live on the Oasys, on his website.. I have included the link below.. Well worth watching if you have not done so already

Oasys & Karma Videos

Cheers.. and thanks for the compliments on my music btw.. much appreciated!

Nigel

------------------
www.soundclick.com/theartofsound

[This message has been edited by TheArtOfSound (edited 07-05-2006).]

#166198 - 07/05/06 06:40 AM Re: OASYS demos
Dnj Offline

Great Videos demos, I enjoyed the musical creativity that can be achieved.....
I also noticed he was using
Mackie SRM 450's in Video #1

#166199 - 07/05/06 07:07 AM Re: OASYS demos
TheArtOfSound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Great Videos demos, I enjoyed the musical creativity that can be achieved.....
I also noticed he was using
Mackie SRM 450's in Video #1

Yes... excellent videos and sound too!!

Cheers..

Nigel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online