SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166146 - 07/01/07 05:33 PM Yamaha Motif XS question
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
i had another go on a Motif XS 6 on the weekend. this time for a couple of hours and i have made my decision. I am trading my T2 in for it this Saturday.

i still have one question that i have not been able to figure out yet. i have used a few of the expanded artic guitar voices and cannot find a voice that does the smooth legato phrasing that the voices on the T2 have...

does anyone know if there is something i am missing or the motif XS cannot do this???

Nick

#166147 - 07/01/07 06:20 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XS question
Nick G Offline

Actually dont worry - i have just spoken with a Yamaha technical support guy over the phone and he has explained that this can all be done.

basically you can pre aprogram the behavior of the voice yourself and save it.

Thanks anyways
Nick

#166148 - 07/01/07 07:13 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XS question
Dnj Offline

Nick good luck with the new XS...hope to hear about your experiences with it very soon also....have fun!

#166149 - 07/01/07 07:45 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XS question
Nick G Offline

what really ticks me off is i go to the shop to play it and its like "here are the headphones go for your life". I cant ask any questions cos no one in the shop knows anything about it so basically im there trying to learn everything on my own.

but so far i have had 2 sessions each for a couple hours and from what i have taught myself i am extremely happy and swept off my feet by what this thing can do.

most of the Latin and rock stuff from the Tyros 2 is on the Motif and it just sounds sooooo much better!!

Having all those realtime sliders and knobs make life so much easier and FASTER. instead of having to flick through pages of the mixer u just have it all there at your finger tips in realtime!! u find yourself doing more playing and less button pushing.

I cant wait to start using it and recording stuff. i will definitely be posting demos.

Nick

#166150 - 07/01/07 09:40 PM Re: Yamaha Motif XS question
miden Offline

Loc: The World
yeah congrats nick...i was also looking at the xs7, before i bought the sd1+, and its a superb keyboard..the only down was no programmed intros or endings and very few fills in the factory arps(although these can all be created by the user)...but the basses drums and guitars are, imo, the best on ANY keyboard...i too, will look forward to some demos.
cheers
dennis
PS if i had the funds i would buy the xs in a moment, no hesitation..

#166151 - 07/02/07 09:54 AM Re: Yamaha Motif XS question
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am waiting for the rack to come out... Can't wait to add those sound to my G70's arsenal (not that I HAVE to, but more is more, y'know!), but I don't want to have to lug another keyboard around just for the sounds, and the XS, good though it is, is still no substitute for a REAL arranger...

#166152 - 07/02/07 10:09 AM Re: Yamaha Motif XS question
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm with Diki.., I'll be waiting for the rack.

Nick, you'll have a blast with the XS. It will blow the Tyros 2 away with the styles of music you like to do. Plus you'll have some familiar voices on the XS, and a MUCH better recording platform. You'll be able to use the arps in arranger fashion, and even write your own (again, that should work very well for you after owning the Tyros 2).

The OS will be completely different though. The XS will be really indepth. Just take your time with it and be sure to post any questions you have at Motifator.com They'll answer any question you got--PLUS--Yamaha reps themselves will respond to questions on that site!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online