SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166083 - 11/05/02 07:19 PM Re: Terry/Bluesplayer
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
That's the best thing to do KN. I find that side by side the PA80's "acoustic" presets on the whole sound a bit better. The two boards share the same sound engine and likely most of the same samples, so my guess is that the effects and other parameters are zset up differently. It isn;t surprising to me considering how poor I found some of the presets on Korg's granddaddy workstation were ( the M1 ) when I had it, but even back then there was a lot of editing capability and I was able to come up with some good patches from the samples. Sound editing capability is of pro quality on both the Triton and PA80 though.

If you don't need true arranger functions, then there are distinct advantages to the Triton. Expansion capability and arps are among them. The PA80 allows for a mere 8mb of sampling via a rather expensive Korg encoded smart media card ( regular smart media cards don't work ). 8 mb is a paltry amount in today's world. Of course, if arranger functions are required, the PA80 might be your board.

good luck KN,

AJ

#166084 - 11/05/02 10:52 PM Re: Terry/Bluesplayer
KN_Fan Offline

Thanks B.P,

Arranger function is important to me, but as I've mentioned before, I think once I figured out (the easier) way to get around the Triton's cue list and RRPR, I think I'll go for the TS instead of the PA80.

Okay.....here's to wise decision!

KN_Fan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online