SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#166021 - 03/29/02 02:08 PM Nobby's got a question ?????
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
On my PSR-2000!
I get my board all set up for a song.I want to save it on a floppy.
Lets just say I want to use the style Country Rock! Well It normaly sets up intro
4bar2 & ending 4bar. But I want to use
intro 4bar1.
Well I know the whole procedure, And it works fine!
Hears the problem I've come across!
If I want to save another song setup on that same floppy using the Country Rock style!
And want to use a different Intro & Ending,
as I go thru all these steps again, but when I try to save the settings it wants to overite the first song setup using Country
Rock style.
Would someone setup a song setup using a different intro & ending other than the defalt setting! Then setup another song setting using this same intro & ending setting. Say you make it a different tempo,
& key. I got to find out if it's just me
or what! Thanks for your help in advance!
All the best Nobby

------------------

#166022 - 03/29/02 02:16 PM Re: Nobby's got a question ?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nobby...
I don't think it is you. If you are saving the intros and endings you want in the User area using the Digital Recorder>Assembly Tab... I believe it will save only 1 set of alterations to any particular style.

Its one of those things I have tried a zillion times.... so I pick the intro and ending I use most in any style, save it...then on those few where I want a change, change it on the fly.

Eddie

#166023 - 03/29/02 03:19 PM Re: Nobby's got a question ?????
Nobby Offline

I believe the reason is on all my other song settings, they are single settings as long as I want to settle for defalt intro & endings I can setup as many songs using the Country Rock Style or any other style. Your not really saving the style!
But when you save a different intro or ending
which is a part of the style. You do have to save the complete style to Floppy or user!
And they just can't handle more than one copy
of the same style, without wanting to overwrite the first one. Even tho it's a completely different song setting.
I have even tried to re-name the style.
Didn't fool it a bit!
It's hard to keep all this info in your head!! When you want this or when you want that! You have push to many buttons to achive
what you want to do!
So many great things in this board!
But what good are they if you can't use them.
It's a great board to play as long as you're in love with their defalt settings.
Thats another thing there should be a way to change all the defalt settings so they come up the way I want them!! Even my old 510 does that!
They should of had indivual buttons for their
3 intro's & 3 endings,
But then what do I know!!
Eddie, Thanks for your input!
All the Best,
Nobby

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 03-29-2002).]

#166024 - 03/29/02 04:08 PM Re: Nobby's got a question ?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nobby...
I am with you. Being able to push a button for the intro/ending of your choice on the PSR9000 is one big advantage over the PSR2000.

But, boy, those buttons sure make the 9000 heavy.
Eddie

#166025 - 03/29/02 04:49 PM Re: Nobby's got a question ?????
Nobby Offline

Hi Eddie,
I doubt if 6 switches & buttons and the extra circuitry required would amount to that much! Ha! 30 lbs. different in waight!
A lot heavier case, heavier keys, & a heavier sound system! AC power supply built in.
Plus Many freaturs the 2000 does not have.
Sorry Eddy! Just felt like running of at the head!
You have a nice evening. At least in my time zone that what I'm getting ready for.
All the best,
Nobby

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 03-29-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online