SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16581 - 12/10/98 05:10 PM Wavestation problems!
PEO Offline

Loc: Vännäs, Sweden
Have tried other sites nut no go...

My Wavestation EX is behaving strangely, it want play some of the Wavesequences from the ROM. But only in the multi mode, in poly mode it work okay, what has happend.

I want to say that all the standard parameters are tried, like Global midi sync etc.

Has anybody experienced this kind of problem before? This started when I was using some editor programs, the day after I tried to use the rom sounds and error occured, as described above.

Please help, someone, my life is falling apart.

PEO!

#16582 - 12/11/98 09:59 AM Re: Wavestation problems!
WS Offline

Have you looked at the individual pages (edit)of a Performance where the Wavesequence doesn't work is to see if midi sync has been changed? This is different then Global sync.

#16583 - 12/11/98 04:41 PM Re: Wavestation problems!
PEO Offline

I don't get it, how do I do, where is the parameter? Do remember that this is a ROM sound problem in multi-mode.

Please tell me how to do...

PEO!

#16584 - 12/11/98 07:10 PM Re: Wavestation problems!
WS Offline

You can find where the Editing Parts Detail is in the Player's Manual. Omni moded is the default too.

#16585 - 12/11/98 07:11 PM Re: Wavestation problems!
WS Offline

You can find where the Editing Parts Detail is in the Player's Manual. Omni mode is the default too.

#16586 - 12/11/98 07:27 PM Re: Wavestation problems!
WS Offline

I know you said you checked all of this already so is Wave Seq. Sync set to Internal in Global?Is Mode set to Omni in Midi?

#16587 - 12/12/98 05:41 AM Re: Wavestation problems!
PEO Offline

First of all, I DON'T OWN A F-N MANUAL, why do you think I am writing here???

Sorry for that but my brain is disassembling when I think about this.

Well as I said, I don't own a manual, I bought a used WS, i got a sound librarycard but no manual. I think I rather had the manual.

All the parameters are checked, global, performance, patch etc. etc. nothing about midi sync was found, except for the global parameter.
About omni-mode, I want to use the WS as a multitimbral synth, in the common way. This is not possible in omni-mode if I got the correct knowlegde.(I am not an amateur on midi and synthesizers, but the WS is new to me.)

I got this idea, that this problem comes from a bad sysex command sent from some of my editor programs, but that's a wild guess.

Does anybody know if there is a function to enable the sync of a waveseq for a single performance/patch? Maybe this is possible through sysex, this is also a wild guess.

Thank's for the help and maybe this is coming to a solution with the assistance of you people.

#16588 - 12/12/98 11:35 AM Re: Wavestation problems!
WS Offline

First of all, most of the people that write here do have a manual but still need help. Second, you are asking for info that I gave you. Besides coming to your house and pointing it out to you, just go to Detail and see how it is set up. You will be in Poly. Good luck and get a manual. You should get one for idiots (nothing personal). I have one by Alexander Publishing and it is alot more helpful than Korg's manual.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online