SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#165763 - 10/23/05 09:44 PM Re: exteneded warranty's at guitar center or other retailers
zuki Offline

Registering my new Korg PA50 on their web site gave me another year; (2) yr warranty now

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#165764 - 10/24/05 06:49 AM Re: exteneded warranty's at guitar center or other retailers
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by mr82thebar:
When you purchase a yamaha keyboard the dealer has a supply of what is called "Survival Kits". They include a A.c. adaptor, foot pedal, cd with software for downloading styles and Yamaha midi's and an extended warranty for two years. I beleive they run about $39.00. Dano has them along with G.C and other dealers. Tyros, PSr 3000, Tyros 2, etc are some of the keyboards that you can purchase the kit for. Bob L.

Survival kits are not available for the PSR3000 or Tyro's keyboards.

To be quite honest, Yamaha makes the value pak available to music stores to give us a competitive edge against Circuit City, Walmarts etc......

#165765 - 10/24/05 07:27 AM Re: exteneded warranty's at guitar center or other retailers
N9FAL Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I too recieved an xtra 1 yr warranty by registering my PA-50 on line.(purch. 1 yr. ago) I wonder if Korg still offers this?

I agree with most that it is not worth the xtra$$. It is pure profit to the dealers/MFG. If anything goes wrong, it is usually right away with this type of product.
I had a bad lap-top purch experience from a major electrics retailer last yr when the salesman high pressured me to buy it and threatened me if there were pixels on the screen out of the box, I would be on my own if I didn't buy. I ended up going elsewhere and booted the unit up B-4 buying it.

If one feels they must have it, never never buy it from a 3rd party co.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online