SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#165280 - 07/06/06 05:19 AM New Roland Synth
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Hey Folks,
I know this is a bit off topic, but quite a few of you here also have synths along with arrangers.

Has anyone here checked out the new Roland Juno-G? This synth will most likely top the "budget" synth market with its feature list, and price.

Here's some basic specs:
---------------------------------------------

Features:
Powerful “Fantom-X-quality” sound engine, 128-voice polyphony

Audio/MIDI multitrack recorder with dedicated transport controls and mixer

SRX slot for expanding the internal soundset

Large, friendly display and front-panel controls

Arpeggiator, Chord Memory, and multi-effects built in

USB port for MIDI communication, AIF/WAV file exchange, and data transfer

PC Card slot (which accepts CompactFlash or SmartMedia cards via adapter)

Cakewalk SONAR LE software CD-ROM bundled

Invisible infrared D Beam controller

---------------------------------------------

What a killer little synth. 16 track midi sequencer with a 4 track audio sequencer that will automatically sync tempo with the midi sequencer, and will even automatically time stretch the audio. The audio memory can be expanded to over 50 minutes of stereo linear recording--AND you can perform a complete mix down of all audio tracks with midi internally to create a finished wav file for CD burning or whatever--plus mixdown effects!

Fantom sound engine, full 4 element voice structure, with multiple inserts, 128 note poly, arps, the list just goes on!

Check out these videos on Rolands site. The first two are pretty good.
http://rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=756&ParentId=83

This workstation is hitting the streets at $999.00 That's AMAZING! All that horsepower for under $1,000. This Juno-G is going to be a head on contender with the Korg TR series and Yamaha MO series. It already beats the TR and MO series in several areas.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#165281 - 07/06/06 09:24 PM Re: New Roland Synth
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
very true, if i wasn t heading for an arranger, certainly i would've liked to buy this instrument.
this is what i like most at it: the capabilities in recording and mixing audio with midi, and sync them too.
for 1000$ i guess it has no competitors indeed.
after using xp60 for quite a while, i think i'd just love the new juno.
impressive indeed.

#165282 - 07/07/06 06:30 AM Re: New Roland Synth
Dnj Offline

So squeak did you order one yet?

#165283 - 07/07/06 07:20 AM Re: New Roland Synth
squeak_D Offline

Yeah I pre-ordered one a while back. Here's the problem though. Roland has changed the release date of this synth like 8 times already. Every time the "available date" came up..., it was then changed. That can be very frustrating

I've heard several rumors that the constant date changes have been bad mother boards, and other issues requiring major OS changes.

If the date changes again, I "will" pull my order. I'm also considering pulling my order and waiting for other's to buy it. Then I'll wait and see what the reviews are like.

On paper, and in the videos--this is a beast of a little synth.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#165284 - 07/07/06 07:51 AM Re: New Roland Synth
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
The Alesis was also suppose to be great on paper.

#165285 - 07/07/06 08:14 AM Re: New Roland Synth
squeak_D Offline

Starkeeper,
Boy you got that right! It was "supposed" to be good on paper. Absolutely one of the "worst" synths I ever bought. Alesis totally "bombed" the release. The OS had more bugs than a 12 year olds ant farm

Yet like any keyboard it has its followers. Just go to the Alesis Forum and say "one" negative thing about it! Those jerks there will jump all over you.

You can post reviews on the unit, but you better not say "anything" negative.

Squeak

#165286 - 07/07/06 04:31 PM Re: New Roland Synth
Dnj Offline

I love those Roland Pianos.....theres somthing about the overall sound. I hope they release it soon.....then we'll know if it will be a winner & possibly a true classic!!

#165287 - 07/07/06 05:00 PM Re: New Roland Synth
squeak_D Offline

Dnj,
I'm with you on the Roland pianos I love Roland's acoustic piano sounds. I love my MO8, but oddly find that I favor the piano on my low budget RS-70

Roland does have a really nice warm piano in the GM set called "European Pf". With slight adjustment to the volocity settings it sounds very nice.

Squeak

#165288 - 07/11/06 05:49 PM Re: New Roland Synth
casiobot Offline

Big difference between a Fusion and a Juno
G.
The Fusion was rush-released w/o a proper OS
in order to try and jump the market,presumably.Otherwise why release something so obviously half-assed?

The Juno G has several "fathers":Fantom S,Fantom X,The EXR's etc.etc. so I don't think there will be *any* "Fusion" style problems.At least Roland has kept us waiting for a good reason as per the lousy motherboards,so,they will "sell no wine before it's time"....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online