SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#165178 - 10/27/03 05:08 AM Re: PSR-5700
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
I,ve still got my old 5700 in a cupboard. Dont know about the comparison with the 2000 / 2100 as I've got a Technics KN6500 but one of the big drawbacks with the 5700 was that the floppy disk drive was a peculiar non-pc compatible format and the drive would only accept the old Double-Density (DD) 3.5 disks. Modern HD floppy disks just dont work ( at least on my 5700 they dont ).

I must admit the vibes sound was my favourite, I always though that the piano sounds were a bit "tinny" and playing them through my Peavey KB100 amplifier didnt help. The nicest things about the keyboard (IMHO) were that every part had an individual physical volume control and all of the sounds were listed on the top of the board and could be activated by pressing 2 buttons very quickly. I must get around to selling it sometime as my other half is making comments about the space it consumes. I'm not keen to get involved with the wild-west market that is E-Bay, can anyone suggest another good way to sell the board ?. BTW I'm based in Swindon UK.

Regards All

Keith

#165179 - 10/27/03 06:54 AM Re: PSR-5700
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you were in the U.S., you could donate it to a church or other charity. Then you can deduct it from income tax. Sometimes you come out better than selling something it outright.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online