SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#164951 - 04/18/03 04:55 PM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
trtjazz Offline

Scott by sending them out seperately and into the 2nd channel of the KP you will have independant control over the vocals in the mix. Setting the line outs that way will stay as well and you do not have to redo it on power up each time.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 04-18-2003).]

#164952 - 04/18/03 08:02 PM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
RJMiller Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Scott, try placing the amp in front of you in the floor, I have found the sterio enhancement of the KP-200S is present behind as well as in front of the amp. The 200S has two 3" cutouts on the back - perhaps this is so the sterio effect is also present in back?

I like the placement in front so I don't subject my ears to the full volume that the audience is subjected to - eventhough that ain't much since the old folks at the home don't like much volume.

The only situation in which there was too much bass and not enough treble (however, I was told it sounded OK out front)was when I played in a cafeteria with acoustic tiles (the stapled on fiber ones with the holes - not a suspended ceiling)and the audience was seated a rectangular tables. So, I purchased a QuikLok QL322 stand (just a small x-stand) from Dano (Dan, is it on back-order?). With the QL322 I'll be able to adjust the height of the amp to vary the sound.

I didn't have the presence of mind to wander out front after the performance to hear with my ears if it sounded OK, but it's hard to imagine that the sound out front was that different. But, I haven't been around PA's for that long.

Good Luck

RJM

#164953 - 04/18/03 11:26 PM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
RJ: Many thanks for your input. I look forward to trying your Motion Sound setup suggestion out. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Scott by sending them out seperately and into the 2nd channel of the KP you will have independant control over the vocals in the mix.

Terry: I don't know about the Motion Sound KP-200S, but the KP-100S' EQ/mixer section does NOT support 'independent' mixer control over its 2 stereo input channels, but instead controls BOTH input channels (vocals & keyboard) together.

However, with my current setup with both vocals & keyboard sound going out together via the Tyros' main stereo output channel (L/L+R), I'm still easily able to independently control the vocal mix from the Tyros itself, so don't see any advantage to sending the vocals & keyboard sounds out separately from the Tyros to my KP-100S PA unit.

Perhaps the KP-200S is different than the KP-100S, allowing you to apply independent mixer control (eq, balance, etc) over each of its input channels, and that may explain Terry's reasoning. If I'm still missing something here, I hope that Terry (or someone else here) can provide more insight. Many thanks. - Scott

#164954 - 04/19/03 04:45 AM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
trtjazz Offline

Scott,
I see...that's where I was missing it. My KP200s has 2 seperate sides, with independant eq's/expanders for each side. So the vocals could go in 1 side while the Tyros music could go in the other and have two seperate things happening at once.

Probably something to consider if one is trying to choose between the two models and one's needs. Because there's really not that much difference in price.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#164955 - 04/20/03 03:06 PM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
RJMiller Offline

Loc: Minnesota, USA
I send my X4 signal using the 4 audio out option to one side and expand it. I send my VoicePrism R&L signal to the other side and do not expand it because some of the VoicePrism presets are degraded when expanded. This may be another reason to consider the 200 over the 100.

The blend seems together even if the VoicePrism is not expanded. (I found with the BBE Sonic Maximizer that when I sonic maxmized the X4 accompaniment and not the right hand that the "band" sounded like it was in 2 different rooms.)

I found when I ran my vocal through the X1 (I used the X1 before the X4 came out) and its harmonizer that it seemed to get buried in the mix - it was audible but not up front.
Glad to hear you don't have that problem with the Tyros.

Good Luck!

RJM

#164956 - 10/09/05 09:16 PM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
Dnj Offline

Ive been using the KP100s for about a week or so on my smaller venues, & I have to say it does a very fine job for sure. Built very rugged and more then enough power to do 75-100 people rooms....produces very acurate sound all around also..Nice Amp!

#164957 - 10/09/05 09:39 PM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Ive been using the KP100s for about a week or so on my smaller venues, & I have to say it does a very fine job for sure.

Donny: Yep. You know I'd never stir ya wrong. I still think the KP100 remains the best 'single unit' portable stereo amp on the market especially suited for Yamaha stereo keyboards.

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been 2-1/2 years now since I first recommended it here.

- Scott

#164958 - 10/10/05 07:18 AM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I use my KP200s for street dances in RV parks. Works well, makes the KN7000 sound terrific.
BEBOP

#164959 - 10/10/05 07:35 AM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-10-2005).]

#164960 - 10/10/05 07:38 AM Re: KP-100S Motion Sound: 'all in one unit' Stereo PA received today !
Dnj Offline

The KP100s model I have sounds great ....it has the Replacement speakers a few people here had done also to give more bass......does anyone know what speakers they are?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online