SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#164925 - 09/05/01 06:39 PM Re: For X1 and SD1 owners Vocal trick ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Tom
What are you thinking? Do you like starting trouble just for the sake of argument?
My complaints about polyphony have always been the same. I express concerns as they occur in performance. The X1 is definitely better than the 9000 in this area but still handles it poorly.

All these age jokes are getting tired too. We're only casual acquaintances, and none of us really know that much about the other - so let's keep a polite distance from words that are potentially hurtful.
They serve no purpose.

I'm 46 and although I am not a health nut, I stay busier than lots of guys 1/2 my age. You play out as much as I have over these last 32 years and see how much energy you have left to help strangers out with advice. I need at least 12 more hours everyday just to finish what's on my mind each morning.
Here are some facts for you, so you don't have to re-read posts over and over-

1)PSR9000 and X1 both handle polyphony in a less than desirable way compared to the dynamic allocation that I have grown used to in the past. Roland & Korg both address this need with greater finesse. I use the sustain pedal constantly, so it's more noticeable in my playing style than most. I also use real big chord voicings and love to layer piano & strings. Big hazard on the 9k.

2)We ALL change our priorities as we learn new things. That's called "wisdom" and NOT old age. I can go head to head with players 1/2 my age, as well as players twice my age. I grew up listening to everything I could, and I pride myself on having a great deal of "practical" real world experience with almost all the hot selling musical products of the day. I also advocate the PLAYER before the instrument PLAYED.

3)You need to lighten up with me - nothing of what I say is directed at anyone in particular, and when I give advice it's just for the good of the group and NOT to blow my own horn. Sure, I make errors - we all do that, but you will be hard pressed to find a larger database of useful info in anyone else's head. I remember TOO much of what I hear, and I love to share my experiences with those that can benefit from my travels.
Just let some of these comments slide - this is NOT a high school debate team!

#164926 - 09/05/01 07:41 PM Re: For X1 and SD1 owners Vocal trick ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Uncle Dave ........
You give great data ........
I appreciate any input you have ! It's the output of my wife that's driving me crazy !
15 year anniversary coming up !
Dan O

#164927 - 09/05/01 07:43 PM Re: For X1 and SD1 owners Vocal trick ?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Sev01,
Please email me direct at oneils4@home.com .
dano

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online