SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#164783 - 04/22/06 08:19 PM It's Easy for You! - G70
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi All,
I have been trying to record something with the G70 but am a little daunted that my lack of expertise will reflect badly on the already much maligned G-70. Hence everytime I record anything I scrap it in the belief that I am not doing the board justice.

It suddenly occured to me that I am always the biggest critic of my own stuff anyway and that nothing I ever come up with will be good enough in my eyes soooooo......

.... I was playing just for myself (and the dog) this evening and recorded myself playing this song famously sung by Elvis but written by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. I played and sang it live (well all at once if you know what I mean) so you (and I ) will have to accept it is not perfect. Here goes anyway.....

Easy For You

The Style used was a 6-8 ballad from the 'Live Band' styles section.

If you like it you can say 'That G-70 is better than I thought' BUT if you hate it say 'That Tony W really is a plonker'
Best wishes to all
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#164784 - 04/22/06 11:14 PM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
hi Tony. thanks for posting. A lovely song well performed.

#164785 - 04/23/06 05:45 AM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Chris Valenti Offline

Loc: Florida
Nice job Tony. You have a natural style. I like that G-70 style you chose. I liked the guitar strumming. It fit that song well.

www.mychrisvalenti.com

#164786 - 04/23/06 07:57 AM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Dnj Offline

NIce job Tony.....thanx for sharing your work with us I enjoyed it.....great guitar & I love that faint organ in the background also!!

#164787 - 04/23/06 10:13 AM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
trtjazz Offline

Tony
Very nice as usual. Lighten up on yourself, your stuff is great.

jam on,
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#164788 - 04/23/06 10:24 AM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
hi Tony , Very good I enjoyed your playing and singing .
The roland sounds are well chosen , liked the guitar , piano , and organ.

The Roland is a good keyboard (pity it's not available as a module !! )would then consider midiing it to my accordions .

Keep up the good work and stop being so critical of yourself !!!

regards ....Giovanni

#164789 - 04/23/06 11:41 AM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony. I've never heard this song before, but I really enjoyed your unique vocal delivery and G70 rendition. The G70 chosen voices sound really nice. Unforutnately, due to my recent hectic schedule, I haven't had as much time to check the forum posts, so only today had a chance to hear your other G70 produced song:"Love Hurts". I enjoyed that one as well. Thanks for continuing to share your music. - Scott

#164790 - 04/23/06 01:16 PM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Tony,

I also enjoyed your song.
Nice guitar work, nice mix.
I'm with Donny I like the organ in the background too.

Great job.
Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#164791 - 04/23/06 03:45 PM Re: It's Easy for You! - G70
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello Spalding, Chris, Donny, Terry,Giovanni, Scott and Eric!

Thankyou very much for listening and thanks for the kind words even more so. I really appreciate it.

Giovanni... wasn't Rolands last module the RA 90 (or am I hopelessly out of date?) I think with the advent (and success) of the MidJay more companies will be going down this route in future. I would certainly buy modules of some of the current top end arrangers then I could have the best of all worlds!!

Scott..... 'Love Hurts' was actually recorded using the Tyros1 when I had it!! Glad you enjoyed it though.

Donny and Eric..... That organ is quite nice I agree. I think the Roland excells with it's organ sounds (My favourite sounds being the Choirs).

Chris....the G-70 has a 'Guitar Mode' which is a little bit like the Arp section on a synth which allows you to assign/play strumming sounds that you could not realistically play using keys in the traditional way. I have yet to explore this feature properly but if used right it could be a very powerful tool.

Terry, You have always shown me kindness and encouragement and I really do appreciate it.

best wishes and thanks to all again
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online