SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#164607 - 09/07/04 01:22 PM Re: OT: Help: how to delete virus
Vadim Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:

Vadim, did you update your virus signature files?

Al

I guess not, I`m not realy knowledgebale about computers...
When I go to Symentac Norton web Site, how do I find the removal tool?
I downloaded Cyber Scrub program(I actualy see this icons apraering in C:/Windows/System32 folder i delete them but they come there again, I wiped them with Cyber Scrub, I hope that it helps)
what is System Shut down, that comes up is it the virus or is it program protecting me from virus?
Is there any other place on the computer where the virus might be? so that I can Delete it with Cyber Scrub.
Some times the internet doesn`t connect, or when connects is very very slow, and sometimes jumps to another web sites that i don`t know anything about, is ot the affect of virus?
Thanks ALOT for your help all of you!

[This message has been edited by Vadim (edited 09-07-2004).]

#164608 - 09/07/04 03:11 PM Re: OT: Help: how to delete virus
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you update your virus definitions, as suggested a couple of times already, then most likely Norton will find and eliminate the bugs.
If you haven't paid for Norton you can't do it, so remove it and use AVG. It's free and every bit as good as Norton, if not better.
Go to AVG website and download the free version.
DonM

#164609 - 09/07/04 03:15 PM Re: OT: Help: how to delete virus
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Same here, I have used AVG with McAfee for more than 2 years[McAfee for over 6 years]..This year's renewal gave me less for the money than in the past[they dropped the Optimizer within the package]...So I dropped McAfee and just use AVG without any problems , and my computers are much faster..Go with AVG, they are on top of things...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online