SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#164374 - 12/10/02 04:40 PM Sounds for PSR9000
zuki Offline

Hi all,
Is it possible to load sounds in the psr9000? Can this be done via fd? I am specifically seeking some phatt and tech sounds that are absent in this otherwise great board. Suggestions appreciated. I'll getting a hard drive for it soon.
Regards,
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#164375 - 12/10/02 10:48 PM Re: Sounds for PSR9000
Evangelical Offline

Loc: San Diego
Hi Zuki,

I'm thinking about getting a harddrive for my PSR-9000, too. I think I'll get mine from Vince Cochran, a regular poster at the Yahoo PSR forum. He sells 6GB and 8GB harddrives loaded with lots of styles (thousands from what I understand), registrations, and custom sounds. His email address is vince_cochran@psrmidi.fsnet.co.uk. He sent me a mail today telling me that his drives run between $180.00 and $200.00, are easy to install, and come with installation instructions. Sounds like a good deal to me. Has anyone here dealt with Vince and bought one of his drives?

ev

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hi all,
Is it possible to load sounds in the psr9000? Can this be done via fd? I am specifically seeking some phatt and tech sounds that are absent in this otherwise great board. Suggestions appreciated. I'll getting a hard drive for it soon.
Regards,
Zuki

#164376 - 12/11/02 12:53 AM Re: Sounds for PSR9000
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Ev

You are inviting a logjam on the group when you ask for satisfied customers of Vince

I am one of probably very many who have bought a HD for the 9000 from him and have nothing but complete satisfaction.
Yu not only get MANY extra goodies but what is of paramount importance - you get the fullest installation instructions which are easy to understand.

cheers
eddiefromrotherham

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info
all mail from this url is virus-free thanks to Norton Antivirus2002

#164377 - 12/11/02 01:24 PM Re: Sounds for PSR9000
Evangelical Offline

Loc: San Diego
Thanks Eddie,

Vince said in his email that the HD comes with a set of custom voices. Since Zuki was originally posting a question about voices and since I'm curious about it myself, what types of voices are on the drive? Are they good?

ev

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:
Hi Ev

You are inviting a logjam on the group when you ask for satisfied customers of Vince

I am one of probably very many who have bought a HD for the 9000 from him and have nothing but complete satisfaction.
Yu not only get MANY extra goodies but what is of paramount importance - you get the fullest installation instructions which are easy to understand.

cheers
eddiefromrotherham

#164378 - 12/11/02 03:13 PM Re: Sounds for PSR9000
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Hi all,
Regards,
Zuki

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online