SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#164336 - 12/11/01 12:26 PM Tina and Lisa
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry if this has been asked before..I am new to the group and could not find anything in the search.My microphone activates the Tina and Lisa vocal duet on the PSR2000 ,plus 2 or 3 other styles,but I get nothing on 90% of the selections..eg choirs and quartets.
If I play with the edit function I can get some of them going but I am guessing at the genders/depths etc.It is as though I have no presets on most of the styles.Has anyone seen this ??Thanks in advance.

#164337 - 12/11/01 02:49 PM Re: Tina and Lisa
Beakybird Offline

Sounds like there is something wrong. You should initialize the keyboard to factory presets. Turn on the keyboard while holding down C6, the highest note.

All of my vocalizer presets work on my PSR2000. I'm sorry to see that you're having trouble.

Larry

#164338 - 12/11/01 09:59 PM Re: Tina and Lisa
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Bryan,
When you say you are only hearing the Tina and Lisa harmony and only a few others, I'm thinking you might not be in chordal mode. Are you playing a chord with the accomp. on using chords on the left side of the split point? If not, you would only hear the harmony voices which work when you don't play any keys on the keyboard. The harmony called voice + Instrument would work, Tina and Lisa would work, but all the duets, trios, Jazz harmonys, etc. would not work. Check your vocal setting page and see if you are on chordal, vocoder, etc.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#164339 - 12/12/01 06:16 AM Re: Tina and Lisa
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Brian,

George is right on the money on this one. I think he pinpointed the problem but if not I have one more thing to try. Your noise gate may be set too high.

The noise gate mutes the input from the microphone. If its set too high, it can lower the volume of your mic setting enough to prevent triggering the harmonizer. If you sing softly, this could be the problem. Refer to page 82 of your 9000PRO manual to ajust the noise gate. Luckily, Yamaha provides us the ability to reduce our noise gate to zero (if we want), so even the softest singer can be accommodated.

Regards,
Steve

#164340 - 12/13/01 01:31 PM Re: Tina and Lisa
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geo...yes,you are right.When I activate the ACMP I get all of the vocal harmonies in each category..thanks for your help.Regards.
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Bryan,
When you say you are only hearing the Tina and Lisa harmony and only a few others, I'm thinking you might not be in chordal mode. Are you playing a chord with the accomp. on using chords on the left side of the split point? If not, you would only hear the harmony voices which work when you don't play any keys on the keyboard. The harmony called voice + Instrument would work, Tina and Lisa would work, but all the duets, trios, Jazz harmonys, etc. would not work. Check your vocal setting page and see if you are on chordal, vocoder, etc.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online