SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#164099 - 09/25/02 06:33 AM Re: Pay me my copyright?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I posted this on the technics board:

"I was going to remain silent on this but just couldn't ..... not to get off the thread, but in a world of ridiculous litigation, I read yesterday that some couple is suing McDonald's because their sons are obese ..... seems the sons ate McD's a few times a week, and McD didn't warn them that the foods were fatty !!!! Is there no resposibility for parenthood?!? .... what's even worse to me is that some court thinks this is worth hearing!!! ....."

squeak_D: ..... how many of those attorneys would have taken the case if it had been presented to them??? .... got to get those 'billable hours' ....
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-25-2002).]

#164100 - 09/25/02 06:56 AM Re: Pay me my copyright?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Funny thing is that most of the attorneys here I showed it to said they wouldn't have even wasted the firms time on it, because they felt it was a pointless lawsuit. My firm represents much larger and more reasonable issues.. However you do have those single attorneys out there who want to put their name out and something like this is their bread winner... As for that McDonalds issue.. That's complete and utter bullcrap! That family truly has no grounds for this suit.. If I remember McDonalds was the first of the fast food chain to actually make available to the public a list of thier food which stated fat content, calories, and just about everything else.... You can walk up to the counter and ask for this document and they will give it to you.. This family is clearly a pathetic example of how our judicial system is going down the toilet.. They cannot sue because they're kids are little porkers from eating McDonalds food.. Both those boy have had health class in school and kids are even taught in school that fast food is fatty and high in calories.. Again this family truly has no claim on this.. I can't believe the courts are even hearing the case...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online