SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#164021 - 09/15/06 10:24 AM The thread should not have been closed
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
...in my opinion! The thread where a member plagiarized a recording, IMO, that should be left open. Why? Well, why close it? To me, it's one of the most amazing things I have ever seen on the internet. Maybe THE most amazing. It's sad.

It's like yesterday, I was in for a haircut. My barber told me that she had just been ripped off with her bank account. Someone (unknown) had stolen her routing number and account number and printed up fake checks and attempted to cash them. Should we stop people like me from telling other people about that? No! Check you accounts daily online if you can!

With the plagiarising member, that is definitely something that people should be made aware of. A slice of the dark side of life right before our eyes.

No big deal, Nigel, your decision, I just don't see why hardly any thread should ever be closed. Carry on.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 09-15-2006).]

#164022 - 09/15/06 11:42 AM Re: The thread should not have been closed
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Bill,

Honestly, I think Nigel was wright. We should concentrate on positive things. Do you remember that scene from the movie "Crocodile Dundee 2" where the big man says

Inhale positivity
Exhale negativity

Just think how boring life would be if there weren't swindlers. There is a saying "If there weren't bad guys we wouldn't notice the good ones".

Regards,
George

P.S. In my opinion. Craig was too brave to share someone else's recording to our sophisticated audience. A huge mistake.

#164023 - 09/15/06 11:50 AM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
About the ONLY excuse (or explanation, anyway) for what he did was to mix up two similar named wma's, one the original track, and the other his re-creation of it, but then he got too embarrassed to explain that, and just started lashing out (as he has done so often before).

Pride goeth before a fall..........

#164024 - 09/15/06 12:05 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
...in my opinion! The thread where a member plagiarized a recording, IMO, that should be left open. Why? Well, why close it? To me, it's one of the most amazing things I have ever seen on the internet. Maybe THE most amazing. It's sad.

No big deal, Nigel, your decision, I just don't see why hardly any thread should ever be closed. Carry on.

There was NOTHING more that needed to be said. I didn't remove the thread so it can remain as a reminder to us but any further discussion was just going to reiterate what had already been said in other words. At that point it just beomes verbal masturbation. If I though anything new and constructive was going to eventuate I wouldn't have closed it. But there really isn't anything more to be said about this that hasn't been said.

#164025 - 09/15/06 12:09 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
About the ONLY excuse (or explanation, anyway) for what he did was to mix up two similar named wma's, one the original track, and the other his re-creation of it, but then he got too embarrassed to explain that.

If that was the mistake it would have been easy to remedy straight away but that didn't happen. We all would have understood if that was the case and just would have re-evaluated the real cover version of the recording.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 09-15-2006).]

#164026 - 09/15/06 12:10 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Diki Offline

"But there really isn't anything more to be said about this that hasn't been said"........

Other than whether Craig is banned or not....

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-15-2006).]

#164027 - 09/15/06 12:16 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Other than whether Craig is banned or not..........

I NEVER give notice of bans I instigate and I certainly NEVER make public announcements on the forums about who I ban. I'm not turning this into a circus.

#164028 - 09/15/06 12:36 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Diki Offline

I'm really not trying to stir things up, Nigel, this is your show.

But........ Donny's ban was made public, and commented on by you. I am merely trying to find out if I should keep coming here. Without a public statement of whether this fraud is OK or not (you actually went and placed a sticky about personal attacks after the last banning), how are we to know WHAT your policies are?

I would hate to see this site turn into a place where anyone can post anything and claim it as his or her own work. It is an invaluable resource for good information about arrangers, and a great place where players of all types of arrangers can chat and compare their equipment and work habits, and yes, post examples of what they have done. But allow deliberate misinformation in here, and what can anyone trust about what they read or hear?

#164029 - 09/15/06 01:26 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Guys, I have not spoken on this subject because I really don't have anything to add.
When someone is out of line, I just make it a point never to pay any attention to anything they say from there on.
They won't run me off "my" forum.
BTW, as far as I know, Donny was never banned.
Fran had a temporary suspension, or so I've heard.
I don't really care. I'm here and will continue to contribute when I can and try to stay positive.
Momma taught me how to act in public and private too, and I always try to do what she told me to do. I can't speak for anybody else. Except maybe HankB.
Keep up the good work Nigel.
DonM

#164030 - 09/15/06 02:18 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
I'm really not trying to stir things up, Nigel, this is your show.

But........ Donny's ban was made public, and commented on by you.

Nope you are wrong there. Like DonM said Donny was NEVER banned. He posted about someone else being temporarily banned, but that was nothing to do with me. Because he publicized the issue I was forced to clarify my position on Donny's thread, that's all. Now I think I shouldn't have even bothered to respond but should have simply deleted the thread.

It's obvious to ALL of us that when you post links to your music it should be your own music. If someone is going to do otherwise I really don't think an announcement about it will have any effect one way or the other.

#164031 - 09/15/06 02:45 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Guys, I have not spoken on this subject because I really don't have anything to add.
When someone is out of line, I just make it a point never to pay any attention to anything they say from there on.
BTW, as far as I know, Donny was never banned.
Fran had a temporary suspension, or so I've heard.
I don't really care. I'm here and will continue to contribute when I can and try to stay positive.
Momma taught me how to act in public and private too, and I always try to do what she told me to do. I can't speak for anybody else. Except maybe HankB.
DonM

Bravo DonM.....Great choice of words.....
TR

#164032 - 09/15/06 04:27 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nigel, the ONLY reason I would have left the thread open was for Craig_UK to defend and / or prove his innocence.

Other than that, I respect your decision.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#164033 - 09/15/06 04:32 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Nigel, the ONLY reason I would have left the thread open was for Craig_UK to defend and / or prove his innocence.

Other than that, I respect your decision.

If thought there was a chance of that I would have. However his response on that thread earlier today was to deny it and to say he was leaving for good. That sounded pretty final to me so I edited out certain comments that I felt were unecessary and then closed it down, but I did leave the main body of the posting intact to allow him to state his final position to the rest of us.

#164034 - 09/15/06 04:35 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Bottom line-it's Nigel's forum and he can run it the way he sees fit. You have the right to disagree but it's not a democracy-not on a forum anyway. Those paying the freight have the final say!

#164035 - 09/15/06 04:42 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow, lot’s of opinions, I guess that’s what a forum is all about.
For me one fact remains – Whatever Nigel has done or what he is doing has made this forum more enjoyable.

Has he made any errors, possible but who hasn’t. How does it go; Anybody out there who hasn’t made errors step forward. --- Hmmmm, I’ve heard that before.

I’m trying not to step on any one’s toes – but I’m really enjoying this forum and I would hate to see anything hurt it.

IMHO, John C.

#164036 - 09/15/06 04:45 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Same with me John!

#164037 - 09/15/06 06:02 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
YAWN

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#164038 - 09/15/06 08:35 PM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Diki Offline

OK, 'nuff said. I'm cool.........

Now maybe we can get back to discussing mundane things like my lost Chord Sequencer, or the new PA800, or what dnj's NEXT arranger will be....

Love this place.....

#164039 - 09/16/06 05:17 AM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:

DonM

My Mom did the same. She also said "If you don't like the rules while living in my house......There's the door.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 09-16-2006).]

#164040 - 09/16/06 05:59 AM Re: The thread should not have been closed
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:

I'm here and will continue to contribute when I can and try to stay positive.

DonM

AMEN to that Don ...

And my dad taught me that the best thing someone can say about you is "that you are a gentleman..."

t.

#164041 - 09/16/06 06:06 AM Re: The thread should not have been closed
zuki Offline

I can't wait for Haloween. Maybe the E-50 will be available then

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#164042 - 09/16/06 07:41 AM Re: The thread should not have been closed
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I can't wait for Haloween. Maybe the E-50 will be available then

Zuki......man you crack me up!!!!!
TR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online