SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#163946 - 02/13/04 10:10 AM Romance for Saint Valentines Day
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I had a unique job this afternoon. A friend of mine, who has been married about 6-7 years asked me to go to his wife's workplace (a bank) and sing a few songs on acoustic guitar. He had been instructed against flowers or candy and was really challanged by the task. I got to the bank at about 11 AM (today) and there was a delivery man there with a nice bouquet, waiting for it's recipient ..... the woman came, took the flowers and retreated into her cubicle.

Meanwhile, my friend's wife had been paged from upstairs, and I waited at the door to the elevator .... when she stepped out - I began singing "Just the way you look tonight" (Bennett style)...walked towards her ...... kissed her and invited her to sit while I finished the song. By this time .... 20 or 30 coworkers had gathered 'round to see the embarrasement. It was classic. We SO trumped the hand of the flower guy - it wasn't even close !

I finished the song, sang "Wonderful Tonight" (her favorite) and as I began to leave ... I gave her a CD. (mine, of course!)

It was an awesome gift from my friend.
It was a great mid-day break for his wife.
It was an easy $50 for me.
Love was definatly in the air, and I wouldn't be surprised if "Someone" didn't go back to work with wet pants !

(from the embarassment, silly !)

Happy Saint Valentines day ... eve.

#163947 - 02/14/04 05:45 AM Re: Romance for Saint Valentines Day
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
This happened Thursday night - I had a very happy and enthusiastic couple in their 50's (my guess) on the dance floor who kept requesting romantic classics. On break I went to greet the couple and since most everyone I meet on Hilton Head is visiting I naturally asked where they were from. They stopped for a second and then bashfully admitted that he was from Michigan and she was from Florida, and this was their first date - they met over the Internet and decided on a 5-day tryst in Hilton Head. The date seemed to be going especially well but being able to dance to old romantic songs was more than they had bargained on and they were in heaven. To top it off, it's been raining steadily and it's supposed to continue through the weekend and into next week - perfect for hotel room snuggling. I expect to see them back tonight (Saturday) before they fly back to their respective homes on Sunday.

It was just the first time I've met someone at my gig who were Internet dating...

#163948 - 02/14/04 07:10 AM Re: Romance for Saint Valentines Day
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
...Love is in the air ......
Anyone know where I can buy black roses???
( kidding )

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online