Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#163868 - 10/17/06 04:10 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Freddy,

Who is ter may?

My comment was said tongue in cheek because Cassp is from Detroit. I'm sure you are as interested in American baseball the same way I'm interested in European soccer.

Tom

Tom

#163869 - 10/17/06 07:25 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Oh yes, we have Tigers AND Lions and even some Red Wings. Then we get into Pistons and we are all Shock-ed too. Long bows? Haven't you ever heard about De-troit; we'll get our neighboring Wolverines and Spartans out after you

Seriously, Detroit is a great place for sports and music. The ol' town ain't what it used to be, but the surrounding area and its people are very special.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-17-2006).]

#163870 - 10/18/06 04:02 AM Re: Uninteresting posts
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Strangely enough, this quite uninteresting topic has got 12 replies up to now :P

#163871 - 10/19/06 12:43 AM Re: Uninteresting posts
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Well this uninteresting post has now got my attention.

Can somebody please explain what a "World series" is - It seems to me that very few countries in the World play the Tigers game (Sorry but I'm not sure if it's american football, baseball or basketball)

KF

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 10-19-2006).]

#163872 - 10/19/06 04:13 AM Re: Uninteresting posts
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
In the UK on our Free View Channels they have added two new one's Five US & Five Live which showed the Chicago Bears & Arizona Eagles.
Just wish we could understand the playing rules...because looks very exciting.

#163873 - 10/19/06 12:12 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
cassp Offline

For those who are not familiar with US sports - football is NOT soccer! American and Canadian football is a completely different game; the best way I can describe it is to say it is somewhat like rugby but with separate 'plays'. It's very physical and very popular in the States, maybe #1 of all sports.

Baseball is the 'National Sport' or so they say. Related to cricket, it is a game played on a large field. Batters hit the ball and run to bases. If/when a runner gets all the way to home base (plate) it is a run (score). There are two major professional leagues (MLB) and when the season ends the winners of the two leauges playoff in what we call The World Series. Baseball is big in other nations and is an Olympic sport. I guess we claim the title of World Series because we did it first. Go figure. ???

In the USA it's baseball, hot dogs and apple pie, but football is #1.

And that makes 15 posts and a flaming file folder. Whew!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-19-2006).]

#163874 - 10/19/06 12:41 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#163875 - 10/19/06 12:58 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
In the UK on our Free View Channels they have added two new one's Five US & Five Live which showed the Chicago Bears & Arizona Eagles.
Just wish we could understand the playing rules...because looks very exciting.

Graham ... that would have been the Arizona CARDINALS ... .... the Eagles are in Philadelphia ...
t.

#163876 - 10/19/06 01:56 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
cassp Offline

So is it baseball or football you are interested in? For baseball, check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_baseball_in_the_United_States

For football, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football

#163877 - 10/19/06 02:25 PM Re: Uninteresting posts
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The reason things are getting boring 'round here is, as George Kaye said, not much new equipment to talk about.......

BUT......... that doesn't say a lot for our members, does it? It doesn't take much expertise to argue 'my arranger is the best', just quote the specs and feature list.

The trouble is, it's easy to argue specs, it takes a LOT more thought and time to talk about musicianship, entertainment techniques, performance tips and tricks, repertoire and business practices. Where's the fun in that?

But don't let this stop anyone from crowing how good THEIR arranger is. After all, it's not how good YOU are, it's who's got the best arranger.............. (isn't it?)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online