SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#163575 - 02/06/06 12:45 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
nielshs Offline

Hi Rolandfan

Why do you still comeup with negativ comments about the G-70???

Before buying the G-70 I have played the VA-7 for 5 years and was very happy with it. But the G-70 is a much better keyboard than the VA in every way. I found one of your old posts about your VA-5 and was very surprised that you find the VA-5 better than the Tyros. Here is your post.

Quote:
So why do I prefer my VA5 over ANYTHING ELSE?

MY OPINION...

1. Solid Construction
2. I like VA sounds more than any other
keyboard's including Tyros.
3. Roland VA styles are the BEST. The
other keyboards dont even come close.
4. The 116 drum kits including V drums
are better than any other arranger
keyboard including Tyros.
5. I love having the most number of sounds
in the world... over 3500.
6. Those choir and voice sounds eg voice
dahs, voice lahs etc are important to me
and my VA5 beats the crap out of
everything.
7. I will NEVER accept the horrid "pitch
bend wheel" of the Yamaha.
8. My VA5 key feel beats the Yamaha
PSR2000/PSR2100 Tyros.
9. VA5 is more reliable.

I would part with my VA5 no matter how good Yamaha or the others get...I simply love Rolads sounds and drum sounds. Maybe if Roland come up with something new I may save up...but for now... I've got my VA5 for about 4 months and it still feels like new each time I play it.

ROLAND VA SERIES. U RULE THE WORLD OF ARRANGERS!!!!!!!!!

After reading this post I think its very difficult to take your posts serious.

Regards
Niels

[This message has been edited by nielshs (edited 02-06-2006).]

#163576 - 02/06/06 04:54 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
nielshs perhaps rolandfan has been converted and realises the error of his ways? lol
I'll gladly move back to Roland if they ever come up with something as good as the G1000 was back in its day, until then it's T2 for me regardless of it only having 61 notes sob sob.

#163577 - 02/06/06 05:26 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
nielshs Offline

Hi Craig

Glad that you didnīt leave SZ. Then we can continue the discussion about the G-70.

Resently I read a review about the G-70. One of the conclutions was that the G-70 is made for the professional musicans. It gives the musican the possibility to make his/hers pesonaly sound. You have to make some twaking to make it sound as you like. Some musicans donīt have the skills and time to do that and will choose another brand which sounds good out of the box, like the Tyros2. I think the G-70 beats all the other brands in almost every respects, but not the OTB sound.

Regards
Niels

#163578 - 02/06/06 10:13 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Hi nielshs. Just wanted to say as much as i have truly enjoyed your demos of the G70 i have yet to hear any demo anywhere near close on the G70 as the fantastic product launch demo. I have been really disappointed by the G70 when I demoed it myself in a music shop pre OS system upgrade and subsequent to it. I have raised the question here often enough that i suspect that that particular demo had been "doctored" ie finished off in a recording studio using sounds external or processed in a way different to the way the G70 keyboard actually sounds. The lack of G70 promotional videos, demos subsequent to the product launch just deepens my suspicions. The great Ralph schink apparently has done many successive workshops using the G70 and yet i cannot find any live demonstrations on the Roland site or the G70 Club that you kindly brought to my attention some time ago. Why are Roland apparently not promoting their own product ? I have heard some of the demos of the G70 after OS upgrade after OS upgrade by current G70 owners who have done their best with the unit but ...... the improvement in sound is marginal.

I know that the potential of the board is huge and that if you have the patience to rework some of the effects, orchestration, equalizer etc i am sure it will sound good.

Although i am not a tyros owner ( i got the PA1X) i admire the fact that Yamaha put out an excellent board out of the box and have continued to put out upgrades as and when they are required. I love the fact that when i hear a yamaha demo i can go into a shop and hear the demo again and it sounds the same. I have been to a live performance of the T2 and was genuinely impressed by its sound alone.

Although i got the Korg the T2 was a very close second choice. Maybe some of the G70 owners should get onto Roland to give them an update that requires less tweaking or put out some promo stuff that went head to head with the likes of Yamaha or Korg. It makes good sense tome if they wish to sell this board.

#163579 - 02/06/06 10:52 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Oh i loved my va5 and at the time felt it was way better than the tyros which i had played briefly and was very disappointed. It was only later when the sales guy adjusted the eq etc that it now felt like a power house. I prefer the va5 sounds to the g70 but think the g1000 sounds far better than the va5 and g70.I have no problem if u or anyone thinks my thoughts are unreliable...as long as i get to post my opinion on this forum ill be a happy camper

#163580 - 02/06/06 11:04 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
rolandfan Offline

after having owned the tyros and reading my old comments some still stand. I still prefer rolands keyfeel and pitch bend joystick to the tyros. And i definetly missed the voice dahs and realistic audience applause sound that my va5 had. I also wished that the tyros was given more sounds... in my opinion roland should use the g1000 as a guideline for their next big arranger. I think the g1000 was rolands best arranger

#163581 - 02/06/06 12:45 PM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
nielshs Offline

Rolandfan,
Quote:
It was only later when the sales guy adjusted the eq etc that it now felt like a power house.

If you ask the sales guy to adjust the eq etc. on the G-70, I think you will buy the G-70 and feel like a mega power house.

Regards
Niels

#163582 - 02/06/06 11:36 PM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
rolandfan Offline

The day that i tested the g70 for a second time i told the sales guy to upgrade the keyboard to the latest version and i would try it again. He refused and also did not adjust the eq on the g70 because he couldnt find it. If u are willing to type out how to go to the eq settings and give me the ideal setting that can make the g70 sound great i will go back to that shop the next time im in town and put in the settings myself and try it again.

#163583 - 02/07/06 10:49 AM Re: Tyros2 OS Update version 1.11 available for download
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
They are ALL GOOD boards, different, but good, whether they are arrangers ,workstations or DIY kits, what does it matter, so long as you are happy,(now where is that stylophone???) mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online