Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#163547 - 09/28/05 10:14 PM Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
weissefar Offline

Listen to an unofficial demo here .

#163548 - 09/28/05 11:47 PM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
I just don't understand why Roland make it so hard giving free non-log-in demos somewhere?!
Don't they wanna sell their keyboard? Beaten by Yamaha...again.

#163549 - 09/29/05 02:29 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
weissefar Offline

Hey,

Don't think it is fair to blame it on Roland that we are a bunch of G-70 nerdies, who is proactive on this matter. There are plenty of great demo files to listen to from the official Roland channel. Go visit these sites instead. With all respect: nobody forces you to login at the User Club website. It was just a kind offer for anyone interested. :-)

Beaten by Yamaha... *LOL* was there ever a "real battle"? Please, why is everything a "war-thing". Can't we just all enjoy the keyboard we have each chosen to be the right one for ourselves?

Happy playing :-)

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 09-29-2005).]

#163550 - 09/29/05 02:43 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
royandreno Offline

All the links for the OS2 has been via membership and forum web, so why not link these improvements to Rolands demo page, if they exist, instead? No war from me, I just find this peculiar.

#163551 - 09/29/05 02:53 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by weissefar:
Beaten by Yamaha... *LOL* was there ever a "real battle"? Please, why is everything a "war-thing". Can't we just all enjoy the keyboard we have each chosen to be the right one for ourselves?

You're so right Weissefar!

#163552 - 09/29/05 03:45 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
Booby Offline

Hi,

> Beaten by Yamaha... *LOL* was there ever a "real battle"? Please, why is everything a "war-thing". Can't we just all enjoy the keyboard we have each chosen to be the right one for ourselves?

Agreed. I experienced, being a Korg customer, some discussions from Yamaha "supporters" that always think/feel this brand superior in everything. It sounds similar to the debate about pc/mac user do.

All my respect for Yamaha of course, they do great instruments, but any of us must respect everybody else opinion, especially talking about music, where things are always subjective (like in any art).

Peace and love .... :-))

Cheers.

#163553 - 09/29/05 08:36 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
royandreno Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Booby:
Hi,

> Beaten by Yamaha... *LOL* was there ever a "real battle"? Please, why is everything a "war-thing". Can't we just all enjoy the keyboard we have each chosen to be the right one for ourselves?

Agreed. I experienced, being a Korg customer, some discussions from Yamaha "supporters" that always think/feel this brand superior in everything. It sounds similar to the debate about pc/mac user do.

All my respect for Yamaha of course, they do great instruments, but any of us must respect everybody else opinion, especially talking about music, where things are always subjective (like in any art).

Peace and love .... :-))

Cheers.

Agree with what? 'Roland better than Yamaha' or 'let's not have a war'?
I went to the store and checked out the G-70. Unfortunately old OS, (and no demos on Roland's homepage on OS2). Styles are as described here before not much to write home about. However there are many features which are great, like the sequencer, auto chord read-out from midifiles and some other cool stuff.
I kind of like the touch screen as well
I, being mainly a guitarist, would probably be better off with the Roland, as midifiles and wavefiles dominates my repertoir more than the arranger part of it.
Oh and I noticed a text sync function. How does that work?

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 09-29-2005).]

#163554 - 09/29/05 09:14 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
There are some nice Roland video demonstrations including G70 on this link.
Also check out the Fantom video's.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/multimedia_demos/index.asp

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 09-29-2005).]

#163555 - 09/29/05 11:22 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
BlkNotes Offline

RoyAndreno;

Why not just sign-up so you can hear all the demos( including OS2). It doesn't take long to do so.

Regards;
BlkNotes

#163556 - 09/30/05 01:46 AM Re: Overall sound improved in Roland G-70 OS2
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
Oh and I noticed a text sync function. How does that work?

If you have a song without lyrics data inside, you can prepare a text file with the lyrics, import the file into G-70, then, in a dedicated screen, you can synchronize the text to the song tapping on the "Tap" switch while listening to the song.
When you have completed the sync, you can save the song and now it will have lyrics inside.
Isn't it easy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online