SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#163077 - 03/08/01 06:46 PM Re: SD1
Beakybird Offline

If you buy a keyboard that has no distributor in your company, and if that keyboard breaks down, you are going to be sorry big time! You're going to have to pack that keyboard in a box and pay a lot of money for shipping and be without that keyboard for a long time. I had a Solton X1 and I had a lot of problems with it. I had to ship it out of state three times (They paid for shipping twice out of courtesy because I had a lemon), and that was bad enough. Out of the country? Forget it! Would you buy a car that you couldn't get serviced conveniently? Probably not.

This is merely my opinion, but if I were deciding between two keyboards, the proximity of repair service would be a significant factor.

Larry

#163078 - 03/08/01 07:32 PM Re: SD1
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
BrianUK...George Kaye said it best when comparing the SD1 to the 9000pro. The styles make the difference! The programed sounds is a subjective issue that can be debated forever! I feel the Yamaha, Roland, Technic kind of fall into the same catagory, very polished pro sounding keyboards. If your looking for something a little bit different from the above then the Solton (X1 or SD1) is worth a try. It's the one for me!! Can't wait to get mine!! When your in a location that restricts your choices it must be frustrating! Living in the New York City area you can get your hands on just about everything. But even here arranger KB's are not in every music store (except the low end stuff) I have two Solton dealers within 50 miles of my home. Good luck.

#163079 - 03/15/01 07:09 AM Re: SD1
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Hi Brian,

I believe BCK are the official Solton suppliers for the UK. Their website's at:
http://www.bck.co.uk

Best regards

------------------
Rich

#163080 - 03/15/01 01:28 PM Re: SD1
DannyUK Offline

Bryan/Rich, that is where I bought my X1 nearly 2 years ago and I believe that is the only place I know of after searching all over the country at the time.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online