SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#162832 - 05/11/06 03:14 AM Re: E-80 demos
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Have you noticed that every time there is a new keyboard introduced, one or more members leave the forum?.

Let's hope the keybord manufacturers don't release many top models at once, if they do, we will lose half the members.

Imagine Ketron SD2,
Yamaha PSR 3100 and Tyros 2.5,
Korg PA-100,
GEM Genesis 2

All released at the same time.... the Synthzone forums will be renamed "Empty rooms".

Come on guys.
Theodore

#162833 - 05/11/06 04:02 AM Re: E-80 demos
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
It makes my butt laugh the way nielshs and Wis go off on one everytime someone says they don't like a style, sound, style etc belonging to Roland.
How can I be a Roland hater when I have been using one Roland keyboard or another for the last 20+ years. I've had D50, G1000, VA76, Fantom and some others I can't remember.
I just don't think Roland have yet come up with an arranger that brings todays sounds and features like they did when the G1000 came out. The G1000 at it's time was simply the best out there, so it's about time Roland repeated it's success, but I don't think they will with the E80 and certainly not the G70. Only time will prove me wrong and if I like the E80 when I get to hear and play it in person I will definitely buy it. My money is ready and waiting for the right arranger to go with my T2 and G1000.

#162834 - 05/11/06 10:04 AM Re: E-80 demos
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Geez, all I said was that I wasn't impressed by the demo's. I never said my sounds or keyboard were better, nor did I say the E80 is rubbish. It's just my opinion.

But, Are you seriously going to tell me the Timpani drums in that demo were acceptable?
What about the Brass samples?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#162835 - 05/11/06 11:07 AM Re: E-80 demos
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I have owned 7 roland arrangers and only 1 yamaha. I have always wanted Roland to be the best because its the brand i grew up with. I too strongly believe the g1000 was Rolands last fantastic sounding keyboard. I think the reason is because at that time (was it 1998?) the competing keyboards from yamaha were not as good. But in the last 5 years yamaha has taken a giant leap ahead of the competition with its tyros and tyros 2. Roland on the otherhand seem to have taken a downward spiral and have not yet recovered from that. I know a shop not far from where i live that has been unable to sell the g70 they have on display for one year now .why? The same shop sold MANY g1000 and VA7 .. I see alot of people saying Roland recycle the same old sounds with each new arranger. Even the Korg Pa1x sounds amazing with its rx tecnology. Roland seriously needs to invent new technology for their sound engine and need improved marketing. Yamaha continues to remain the benchmark. These are my feelings....

#162836 - 05/11/06 12:42 PM Re: E-80 demos
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Rolandfan,

Amen to that.

#162837 - 05/11/06 12:55 PM Re: E-80 demos
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
My first aranger keyboard was a Roland (after 25 years hiatus). It had superior voices, IMO, to an equivalent Yamaha. I would love for Roland to go head-to-head with Yamaha NOW and make it a tough decision for me to decide between them. We will soon find out.
E50/60 against a PSR3100.
Starkeeper

#162838 - 05/11/06 11:36 PM Re: E-80 demos
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Some time ago someone here posted a link about the history of Roland. (sorry, I can't remember who posted it to give credits, but I think it was on Sound on Sound website? Something like that)

It had the (remarkable) history of the owner/founder, from the 50's until today. The interesting part, (when you take into account latest offers like G70 and E80 which were not welcomed with applause) was that in the past 5-6 years, the founder has had some health problems related with age and had withdrawn from the company's every day work.

The article mentioned that after that the company seemed to have entered a slumber of sorts, not releasing so many innovative "products per five year term" compared to other periods in its history.

On the other hand, I agree with Abacus, 128 Kbps is not the bitrate to choose when showcasing a new product. You need 192 at least. And maybe the arrangements were not the best.

Ah, I forgot....
Since when a company decides a product in a way that it is NOT easily accesible by potential byers?

Theodore

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 05-11-2006).]

#162839 - 05/12/06 01:27 AM Re: E-80 demos
Wis Offline

There are Rolandlovers and Rolandhaters. Only a few good demo's are able to activate the Rolandhaters to come out of their holes and start them shouting how bad the E80 is.
The E80 is not even introduced yet.
OK boys go on with your shouting there is more to critisize, what do you think of the colour, the size of the keys, the touchdisplay and more.
Do not give up !!!!
I think the E80 is great and it will be a winner.

#162840 - 05/12/06 01:31 AM Re: E-80 demos
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
ummmm...... Actually i quite liked the demos. The instruments sounded as Neilsh said like a live band and not a CD demo as some other manufacturers keyboards sound. I happen to prefer the live sound which is why i went for the Pax. I thought that the brass an acoustic pianos sounded excellent. Drums were ok , but the timpani was poor but who uses the timpani in their arranger performances ????

I liked the sax too. Cant compare it to the T2 as they werent really demoing any single voice to its potential so the jury is still out. But guys, the G70 demo sounded very good too....remember ??? Thats why i was so very very dissappointed when i played the real instrument. I could not believe that it was the same board. I even thought that the one i played was faulty, you might remeber i suggested that in my first few posts when the controversy over the keyboard sound first blew up.

I hope that the E80 in reality sounds even at least as good as the demo's do because that would be a big improvement over the G70. Those that are loyal to the Roland brand will no doubt trade in the G70 and get the E80 if it sounds at least as good as these demo's. But i dont know what price they are going to get for the G70 as universally (even some of the members of the Roland forum) it has been panned .

AS for the weight....well i own the PAx and its true the weight is a worry. I am a relatively young man 37 and i dont have wheels on my case! the Pax is 48.5lbs so an extra 2 would not make that much difference. If i could have the same wattage in the speakers as the E80 i would not mind one bit !

I really want to like the E80 . I hope that when more demo's are put out showing the sound of individual instruments that it will have more favourable reviews.

PS Neilsh. Its only a keyboard, bits of plastic and wires. Dont get take it all so personally. If you like what you have purchased what differnce does it make what anyone else thinks ? Enjoty your board and make beautiful music !

#162841 - 05/12/06 02:39 AM Re: E-80 demos
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
It just is not possibly to judge a product from a web demo, so comments positive & negative are a waste of time.
Why bury a product before it's even available. Lets all wait until we can either play it or at least attend a live demonstration.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online