SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#162822 - 05/10/06 12:26 PM Re: E-80 demos
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
It looks like the e80 sounds are ahead of the g70 but unfortunately nowhere near the tyros2. Why cant Roland get their saxes,strings,guitars and flutes to sound as good as the tyros2? Why dont they create new and improved samples? Take a listen to the sweet soprano sax on the tyros for example. Its amazing. The soprano sax on the g70 sounded totally unrealistic and weak at best. Heck i doubt the korg oasys has a better soprano sax than the tyros. Now perhaps Roland has a newly sampled soprano sax on the e80...we will know soon

#162823 - 05/10/06 01:08 PM Re: E-80 demos
nielshs Offline

Hi

The first E-80 style demos published and it seems that everything starts all over again. "The Tyros2 sounds better", "Im NOT impressed by the sound", "Its to heavy", "The sax and guitar sounds don't come anywhere near to the Tyros 2's SA sounds" ..........................................

Im out of here, bye bye.

Best Regards
Niels

#162824 - 05/10/06 01:24 PM Re: E-80 demos
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
To each his own,,,When I play the E-80 and/or G70..I will know in 5 minutes if it is for me.

This is all the time I needed with the Tyros2..to know it isn't what I want..

Listen to all opinions with an open mind, but trust your own thoughts after you play them..

I thought the E-80 demos were just okay..the same with the Tyros2 demos I heard..
Don't base everything on these demos...wait till you play the instrument...know matter what brand..

#162825 - 05/10/06 01:36 PM Re: E-80 demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello All
Just thought I would add another point to ponder over.
You all seem to have missed something here, and that is the bit rate, which is 128Kbs.
As you may or may not know, the lower the bit rate, the more the compression, and the worse the sound.
Modern Arrangers need at least 192Kbs to show off the quality of the sounds, Giga Samples and other large sample library’s require a minimum of 256Kbs to show the quality of the sounds.
So I would suggest that you wait until some proper samples are released, and then make a judgment on the quality.

Bill

#162826 - 05/10/06 02:58 PM Re: E-80 demos
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The demos only appear to be on the Roland keyboard clubs site, they are not on Roland.com as of yet, so as Abacus rightly puts the quality is a low bit rate. Maybe a model was lent to someone for those demos?
I know one of the UK shops already has one. Roland will possibly put different demos and maybe a video shortly on their web sites. The E80 is supposed to be out late June/early July in the UK from what I'm being told, so Roland still have a month to get into shape, but as usual they always leave it late to demo their models

#162827 - 05/10/06 08:45 PM Re: E-80 demos
Dnj Offline

I hope to see a real good quality live E80 Demo also...I enjoy watching them all..I think all KB should be done this way.....seeing & hearing is believing to a point

#162828 - 05/11/06 12:39 AM Re: E-80 demos
Wis Offline

I heared the Demos of the E80 and they are very good and impressing.Another good point is that the wellknown Rolandhaters can post their negative comments again. Come on boys tell us about the E80 what you have to say.
The sounds ,the styles, the weight and what so ever, everything can be critisised.
The E80 must be a great instrument to create so much reactions. Some of you seem to be a bit anxious.
Come on Craig and others let us hear you.
The E80 will be strong enough and we all know your comments, we , Rolandplayers and neutral musicians laugh and have a big smile when we read what you write.
The E80 will be the winner and you are the losers.

#162829 - 05/11/06 01:28 AM Re: E-80 demos
yunant Offline

Hi all
The real accoustic instruments are the original (no electric sound effect). So how close your keyboards sounding like original?
We have two ears. Original don't use 'lipstics'.

#162830 - 05/11/06 02:25 AM Re: E-80 demos
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
To each his own,,,When I play the E-80 and/or G70..I will know in 5 minutes if it is for me.

Hmmm... the G-70 has been around for quite some time now; some people, like Frankieve, had even the time to buy and sell one.
Frankly it's difficult to believe that someone who is so interested into everything that bears the Roland logo didn't have the time to check one.
Maybe you did, were disappointed and are too proud or stubborn to admit it?

#162831 - 05/11/06 03:00 AM Re: E-80 demos
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
NO...never tried the G70,,Even did a 4 hour road trip last week hoping to play one[Ask AJ]..
Proud or disappointed...only when it comes to family or friends..
I really don't care if it's Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Gem, Ketron,....even if it was Siel...If I like it , I will use. If I don't, I won't..

The reason I support particular Roland boards is because of the quality construction, and features that work the best for me..
There is a long list of boards I did not like well enough to keep..including Roland[Fantom X as an example]...Doesn't mean the board isn't a great choice for someone else.
If I am dissatisfied with the G70 or E-80, or any board [even Yamaha]..I will voice my opinion, as I always have[in response]..

Yes, buying a G70 as a controller...I was kidding.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online