SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#162796 - 01/22/06 03:19 AM Re: Notation Software
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hi everyone,

I,ve noted all of your suggestions & have just downloaded MidiNotate Composer. Will play with this & see how it works out for the time being. So far so good. Thanking you all for your input & suggestions.

Yours in Music

Alan

#162797 - 01/22/06 10:13 AM Re: Notation Software
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Alan
Good choice. You can look on the on-line help section, or you can ask on the forum. They are very eager to help you. The beauty of Composer, is that you can keep it simple, or edit and create as much as you want. http://www.notation.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=topics

Bernie

#162798 - 01/22/06 07:20 PM Re: Notation Software
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA

....QUOTE A couple of years ago, I tested a product but don't remember the brand name. I selected the feature that plays the midi file and then determines the chords....The chords that it determined were really bad....>>>.UNQUOTE

Band in a Box will do what you describe. The first dozen times I tried it I get bad results. The chords just werent right. After a while I learned that I had to tell BIAB where the bass part was, what measure to start on, and other info. Once I knew how to use the program right, I got nearly perfect results nearly all the time.

Go ahead and buy it. Band in a Box is a program every musician needs.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online