SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#162571 - 03/15/06 05:09 PM Re: Won PA1Xpro
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I recently heard a podcast on dl.tv.com The show hosts one of them a guy by the name of Patrick Norton originally from Tech TV and a supreme geek and very knowledgable about scams strongly advises not to purchase anything where you send payment thru Western Union, apparently it's not traceable as PayPal is. I would use caution. Wish I had read this post earlier to mention that comment. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 03-15-2006).]

#162572 - 03/15/06 05:54 PM Re: Won PA1Xpro
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Scott, I sent an email to Rick at hydraservice. I guess that's where I've been calling.

I'll keep you guy's posted. The emails I received seemed to be from foreigners. They wrote like foreigners speak on TV. Why is a guy in Tulsa doing business in London.

Donny, I don't want to drive that far but I did offer to pick it up to get his response.

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 03-15-2006).]

#162573 - 03/15/06 06:20 PM Re: Won PA1Xpro
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo,

Run away from this one as fast as your tired, old legs can carry you!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#162574 - 03/15/06 09:12 PM Re: Won PA1Xpro
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, I was in Tulsa all weekend. Wish I'd know about it. Someone has stolen Rick's identity. Don't send money.
DonM

#162575 - 03/16/06 04:08 AM Re: Won PA1Xpro
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

#162576 - 03/16/06 04:45 AM Re: Won PA1Xpro
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Well Boo,
If this deal doesn't work out, I'll probably have my PA1Xpro for sale in a couple of weeks - after check out the Genesys XP and the Midjay. However, you'll have to pony up a little more than $1800.
Ciao,
Jerry

#162577 - 03/16/06 05:06 AM Re: Won PA1Xpro
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
This guy is completely legit!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-PA1xPro-fully-l...9QQcmdZViewItem

... the price seems to be also ...
t.

#162578 - 03/16/06 05:12 AM Re: Won PA1Xpro
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I'm extremely cautious with ebay. I won't buy anything from eBay unless I can pick it up.
A while back there was a PSR1500 on sale on eBay in London, England!!!!! but the seller lived in Toronto, Canada. (Where I live). I won the bid at an extremely low price!!! (I guess to many bidders were scared off). When I emailed him, he said he would bring the keyboard to my home (he didn't give me his address). He never showed up. I put the money back into the bank.
Starkeeper
I think Uncle Dave's famous quote is, "No see, no try, no buy". This is a good motto to live buy.

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 03-16-2006).]

#162579 - 03/16/06 05:54 AM Re: Won PA1Xpro
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Just got off the phone with Rick Bentley. He doesn't even own a keyboard. He's a very nice guy. He owns a company that does hydraulics that work with rudders on ships etc.

We got to talking music and what a small world. I mentioned a country guitarist I worked with in the early 60’s in a Honky Tonk playing country on a sax. I did that quite a few times and even more recently, ask DonM. His name is Huey Bourgeois. Don, is that how you spell Boouse-war? Huey is about the best country guitarist in the New Orleans area if not the state and Rick knew him pretty well.

Its seems all of the country guys know each other just like us jazz guys know each other and the way all of you OMB guys know each other.

Don't forget the order is
1. Jazz
2. Country
3. OMB musicians
4. Drummers (the public still thinks drummers are musicians)
Just joking around friends.

Three NO guitarist Huey, John Bonnvillian and Sonny Robichaux sometimes even worked together making a living playing country. John and especially Sonny Robichaux showed me jazz licks that still influence me till today.

I bought a few good deals on ebay. A small PA to help me get started 4 or so years ago, a laptop, the Lil” Green Monster (Carvin AG100D) full range amp I use at retirement centers, among other items with no trouble. Rip-off artist should be shot on the spot. They ruin it for the rest of the nice people. The problem is the rip-off guy might be someone’s relative and no body wants to get rid of a relative no matter how rotten they are. What a world! It’s scary friends.

#162580 - 03/16/06 06:28 AM Re: Won PA1Xpro
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
brick ... so I guess banjo pickin' ain't payin' the rent for ol' Rick ...

I've also had success on e-bay, although I've only bought a few things ... a Phillips CD recorder, digitech harmonizer, Senn mic ... but obviously "Caveat Emptor" ...
t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online