SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#162530 - 07/25/02 05:01 AM What exactly is an arranger keyboard ?
waightkl Offline

Loc: Swindon, UK
I apologise if this seems a silly question, or has been asked on this forum before, but was exactly constitutes an "arranger" keyboard ?. A friend has just bought a beginners keyboard ( a Roland EM15 ) for their son, saw the term in the Roland blurb and asked me what it meant. I couldn't answer. I have a KN6500 and an old PSr5700. Are they both regarded as "arranger" keyboards, and if not why not ?. Conversely, what other types of keyboard are there, or is the term "arranger" just a tag that the manufacturers use to impress ?.

Thanks in anticipation

Keith

#162531 - 07/25/02 06:11 AM Re: What exactly is an arranger keyboard ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi waightkl,
The KB`s that you have are "arranger -KB`s ". they have auto-acomp. , styles , and you can do a certain amount of "sequencing" . Other types of KB`s would be "work-stations" [ie: "Korg-Karma"-"Yamaha -Motif " to name a few]
In most cases if a KB has "speakers" built - in then almost always it`s an "arranger" KB . But there are exceptions like the "Yamaha 9000Pro" no speakers but IMO still an arranger KB because of the above ^ reasons ,also "Yamaha" -"Tyros" will also be an arranger with optional speakers. Workstaion KB`s are great for "live and studio" work and arrangers have found a home both "on-stage ,studio and people just looking to have an "all-in-one" KB for there own enjoyment.
Anyway, "Welcome to our family. and the best corner of the web"
jedi

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online