SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#162457 - 07/14/07 04:33 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yes,
I still have a new, not out of the box PSRS900, but I don't include shipping from Ca. to the East Coast.
According to Yamaha it could be several weeks before any more PSRS900's will arrive.
I'm closing in a 1/2 hour and I just had one of my regular customers in who has was very excited to find and try the 900. He had been reading the posts here and agrees with me that the internal speakers sound clear, full and loud. If he doesn't come back before 6PM, I will still have one to sell.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#162458 - 07/17/07 02:59 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Beakybird Offline

I got word from Sweetwater. I'm going to keep my defective keyboard until they get two new ones for me. Unfortunately, that won't be until around September 12. Joe Martell at Sweetwater told me that when the new ones come, I can return the one that I'm playing and they will return it to Yamaha. That's cool.

Beakybird

#162459 - 07/20/07 11:58 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
George Kaye Offline

I just received my second shipment of PSRS-900 keyboards today. It's only been 1 week since the first one. 6 more arrived. I have some available if anyone is interested. I didn't think they would come until September, according to what beakybird heard from Sweetwater. You might want to call them and see why they haven't received more.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#162460 - 07/20/07 01:21 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
George,
not sure if you read my post on the s-900 lan port. If you have any info, or can obtain it from your connections it would be appreciated. I am set up with my wireless in a seperate room from the router and main household pc. Would really not want to run a lan cable. But not sure if there is a wireless connectable to the lan port versus a USB wireless adapter? Would rather not tie up the (one) usb to device on the s900.
Maybe that's why the 2nd usb to device on the 3000. For the adapter.

Yamaha is sending me a wired adapter but I do not think it is what I want/need and would like info on what I should buy. What does yamaha recommend? The board is so new it's hard to find the info.
Thanks George,
Jim

ps If Ian or anyone else with close yamaha contacts could spare the time to help also?
It is greatly appreciated

#162461 - 07/20/07 02:16 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
George Kaye Offline

I read this post and called Yamaha and I have answers for you.
You want to go to a store and buy an ethernet wireless adapter for your particular router. This way you don't have to use up your one USB device port. Just like the 3000, you can plug a USB adapter in here but then you have USB speed rather than ethernet speed and you give up your device port for thumb drives, etc.
If Yamaha is sending you an ethernet cable/adapter which they use to give 3000 and tyros customers, you don't want to use this because it will still go into the usb device port.
Either use a long ethernet cable or buy the ethernet wireless adapter for your router.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#162462 - 07/20/07 03:21 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
OldNewb Offline

George,
Thank you very much for the help. I am still pretty confused however. It seems the only ethernet wireless adapter I can find to go with my linksys wrt54gs broadband router is the kind to plug internally into a pc. I find nothing that could/would connect to the lan port on the s-900.
Then again I could be completely mistaken.
I really feel technically challenged on this one. Well, Back to the web searching. Maybe there's something to find out there.
Jim

After speaking with customer support at linksys...they tell me the lan port is only used to hard-wire with ethernet cable directly to my router. They say the only way to be wireless is via usb.
George, can you double check and verify if this is correct or not?
Thanks again,
Jim

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 07-20-2007).]

#162463 - 07/20/07 05:22 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Beakybird Offline

Thank you for info on these keyboards for sale. I appreciate it.

The gentleman I'm working with at Sweetwater is giving me an attractive discount, partly because I'm purchasing two PSR S900s, and partly because I told him about a bad experience I had with Sweetwater five years ago when I last bought from them.

He's been unusually nice, so, even though it is a real drag waiting until September, I feel indebted to the salesman. I am still able to gig with the keyboard, and in September, I will be getting two new ones.

Beakybird

#162464 - 07/20/07 06:34 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
OldNewb Offline

Beaky Wish you all the best and lots of trouble free fun till you can get the replacement.

#162465 - 07/20/07 07:31 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Beakybird Offline

According to page 171 of the manual, you need a wireless game adapter.

Beakybird

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online