SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#162447 - 07/13/07 10:21 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Beakybird Offline

I agree with almost everything George Kaye has said.

You know it's the tendency of a consumer to notice the things they don't like, while it is the tendency of even the most honest salesman to accentuate the positive.

The PSR S900 has a very good volume output. The keys are superior to the PSR3000.

When the PSR3000 came out, there were a lot of folks with PSR2000s who balked at getting the new model. The main improvement of the PSR3000 was merely the ability to store stuff on usb and smart media as opposed to floppy. The floppy shuffle problem that the PSR3000's predecessor posed made the keyboard almost unlivable for live performers.

Outside of that gargantuum improvement, the improvement of the PSR3000 over the PSR2000 is the same as the improvement of the PSR S900 over the PSR3000. The main thing that the PSR3000 brought were the Mega voices. The main thing that the PSR S900 brings are the S.A. voices.

I don't think that the problem I am having with my keyboard is due to transportation. This keyboard shipped in only one day, and there was hardly a nick on the box. I am very happy that no one else has reported a problem with their keyboard. Let's hope that my problem is isolated.

Beakybird

#162448 - 07/14/07 05:21 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
zuki Offline

Beakybird,

Keep us posted on your fix. I am very interested in keeping with the Yammy line and subsequent models to build upon from my current 3K. It looks like I'll kind of follow in your footsteps but for now the 3K is serving its purpose.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#162449 - 07/14/07 07:39 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I have a PSRS900 at my store which I have been playing for two days.
You are wrong about the bass ports. The ports are right under the grills on both sides.
The volume of the speakers on my unit are also loud and clear. Actually, louder than the 3000. I'm guessing the one at GC you played probably had he volumes down at the mixer level of the screen so that if ou turned up the master volume you were not hearing the full volume.

Thanks George. I looked around for them on the S900 but I guess I didn't look good enough. My apologies.

That's also good news that the volume levels are not a problem. Someone must have indeed turned the volume down in the Mixer apparently.

I guess we all have our own opinions and what one thinks is not necessarily what someone else will think regarding the PSR S900. I have always recommended for people to try out firsthand every keyboard they are interested in because someone elses experience or view about a product might not reflect significantly on another persons decision to get it or not. I can share my thoughts but a person has to decide on his or her own merit and conclude for themselves regarding the PSR S900 or any other keyboard.

PS: I think Yamaha will sell plenty PSR S700 & S900's by the way. .... Now if only the PSR S900 came in a 76 key version. Oh well. Maybe next time..

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-14-2007).]

#162450 - 07/14/07 07:46 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN

"...just realeased Rhodes piano voice. The styles are more plentiful, better with the use of the SA voices. There are also alot of brand new multi pad setups featuring acoustic guitar loops, etc."

Anyone know who we need to contact at Yamaha to find out why they are not releasing these new voices, styles, and multi-pad setups for the Tyros and PSR 3K owners?

R/I

#162451 - 07/14/07 09:03 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rejected Idol:

Anyone know who we need to contact at Yamaha to find out why they are not releasing these new voices, styles, and multi-pad setups for the Tyros and PSR 3K owners?

R/I[/B]

Go ahead and try and contact Yamaha. But most likely they wouldn't release them themselves for the PSR 3000 or Tyros because they want you to buy the PSR S700/S900.

Best,
Mike

#162452 - 07/14/07 09:43 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Rejected Idol:

"...just realeased Rhodes piano voice. The styles are more plentiful, better with the use of the SA voices. There are also alot of brand new multi pad setups featuring acoustic guitar loops, etc."

R/I

While a person can use the new styles in the Tyros1/2 and PSR2000,3000, they will need to be tweaked to use the onboard voices on each individual kb.

As far as voices, you get what you got and can't transfer voices that one doens't have.

Scott

#162453 - 07/14/07 09:49 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
Guys - thanks. The way I read the S900 reviews, it appeared to me that the S900 uses the same SA and voices the Tyros already has. So the styles should be importable without too much tweaking I would guess. Also, I was under the impression that Yamaha put the ability to import sampled voices on the Tyros to support stuff like this. You'd think you should be able to import the new Rhodes sound and multipads if they're already based on Yamaha sounds.

But I agree.... more than likely they probably won't even post the new styles on their "for sale" site.

R/I

#162454 - 07/14/07 10:02 AM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Most often when using a Yamaha style on another Yamaha, it will pick a decent alternate voice if it isn't on the kb.

#162455 - 07/14/07 01:39 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
Beakybird Offline

I just spoke with the salesman who sold me the keyboard at Sweetater. He told me to call their customer service dept on Monday. He told me that his computer shows that they won't be getting another PSR S900 in for a couple of months. He better be wrong, or I am going to go nuts!

Beakybird

#162456 - 07/14/07 04:22 PM Re: My PSR S900 has an internal problem
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I just spoke with the salesman who sold me the keyboard at Sweetater. He told me to call their customer service dept on Monday. He told me that his computer shows that they won't be getting another PSR S900 in for a couple of months. He better be wrong, or I am going to go nuts!

Beakybird

If worse comes to worse you could always get a refund from Sweetwater and find a PSR S900 at some other establishment that has it presently in stock. The Guitar Center in my area presently has them in stock. I called them and the guy said they would be glad to send you their PSR S900. You would do a credit card over the phone and the person I spoke to said he would even waive the shipping charges. And they will ship it anyhwere in the U.S.

If you are interested Larry send me an email (in my profile) and I would be happy to give you Guitar Centers phone number and the name of the person I spoke with.

Best,
Mike

Oh, and George Kaye has the PSR S900 still in stock too I think.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-14-2007).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online